Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Whats is the best turkey hunting state?

Old 11-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Dev

Default RE: Whats is the best turkey hunting state?

Kentucky for me. I live here and chase big gobblers all spring long. I run a small guide service and have excellent success. There are a ton of long beards and not a lot of hens. Birds can still be tough at times. Its not uncommon to kill a bird that weighs upwards of 27lbs. Big Easterns...doesn't get much better than KY.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:10 PM
Spike

Friend, how can you say Georgia is not a turkey state? I have taken 3 birds every year for the last 5 and all on public land. I think maybe you should go with someone that does make consistant harvest, before you give up on this great state. Remember it doesn't matter how good you are if there are no turkeys on the land. Scout, Scout, Scout and then Scout some more.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:38 PM

I have never hunted turkey's in any other state other than PA. Thats why i am gona hafta day that it is the best state for turkey hunting. but i would like to try hunting them in other states.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:09 PM

Kentucky is the best state to hunt turkeys. In my area only a few people turkey hunt. But everyone deer hunts. All private land too. No pressure
Old 01-15-2006, 11:20 PM

No real opinion on this, but I have to say that California has improved its numbers in the last 15 years big time, where now in some counties they are calling the turkey "natural nuisances". I find the numbers in the canyons where my ranch and my families other ranches are greatly increasing, since I and others been keeping the yote population in somewhat a check. An that too. California as well as other states have seen an explosion in predator numbers. I have to say though, those turkeys out here are well fed from my food plots, as well as the neighboring oat and clover fields.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like some of you guys said there are lots of variables. If you go for challenge I love PA. If you just want to get into birds I love Kansas. Well then theres Nebraska.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tennessee is awfully good ... Ive only been turkey hunting for about 3 years but we do have a lot of them in southern Tennessee and north Alabama ...me and my partner got our first double last year..

dd

Old 01-16-2006, 07:36 AM

well, ive never hunted anywhere else, so id have to say PA.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:47 AM

I'd say if you are looking for Osceola's Florida would be the best.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd vote for Tennessee.

Tom

Quick Reply: Whats is the best turkey hunting state?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.