Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What do I know

Old 08-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What do I know

I'm just a dumb a@@ Canadian [&:] I can amagine what people here wonder when I answer a Post

Come On Ol MayTom , get on here and post instead of reading !!!...BT
Old 08-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do I know

Adrian, your one of the most intense turkey hunters I ever met buddy!! Not only do you hunt the great bird of the woods, but you also hunt deer and moose as well!! (both gun and bow!!!) I'm impressed by your very interesting tactics used in the spring woods!! Your no dumb a$$ by any means, and I take your opinions very seriously.

This past spring season tested me the most that I ever hunted turkeys before, and all I can say is, they won I lost!! I was very humbled for the first time since I started hunting only mature Toms back in 92', empty handed this past spring!!
I did go on a few hunts with others this season, and I was trying my best for them to score, but in the process, I cut down on the amount of hunting time allowed for myself.
I have only so much vacation, and I try to split it up between: family time, and hunting for turkey& deer.
Next year will be different, I intend to limit out myself first before going along with anyone else. Lesson learned the hard way this season, especially since they didn't want to play hardly at all. Those are the times you need to spend as much time in the woods, for the mornings when they do want to play!!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice to see ya back bud , hey heck with this last season , its gone and done, Lets Pickup and get ready for the next bud. You know that you could force yourself to drive North accross the Big red tape and I'll put you in front of birds on most days ...BT
Old 08-10-2005, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

BT,I can relate bud!!I hunted for 14 days straight at one stretch during the season guiding or hunting with friends!I only managed to hunt for myself 3 days which is way down from previous seasons!I had a terrific season thoughand I did manage to harvest 1 good bird in those 3 days but I sure do enjoy those "clear the mind,pressures off"days alone through the course of a season.Boy the woods were quiet this year after fly-down!!![:'(]
Old 08-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Well Gee whizzzzz you guys still are alive. I thought maybe Adrian got carried away by those dang canadian black flies. Glad to see ya back on Maytom. Bob as always good to see you too.
I too only got to hunt 1 day here in PA during our season the rest of the time I too was guiding for others, they did well. The one day I did getto hunt on my own I had one at full strutt at 20 yards but did not present me with a bow shot. I did get full drawl on him and thought dang if this was a shot gun it may have ended differently but that is why they call it huning I did get out in NC and harvested 2 birds, one with bow and one with shotgun. i sure hope you all are having a great summer and everyone is healthy. Pat