Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Looing for new game cameras

Old 08-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Spike

Default Looing for new game cameras

Dear All,
On of my friend from Taiwan,looking for game cameras for wildlife monitoring.Their institution used Acorn cameras before,they work well sometime,but also takes black pictures sometime,and the 60° angle is too narrow for them now,so they want to purchase some new brand cameras.So my friend asked me to search some information for him.

It must be good quality,take great picttures,have long detection range,wide angle.If you guys have good suggestion,pls leave your comment,thanks.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Spike

I found a page yesterday that has a nice round up of some good cameras that are around at the moment - http://www.squidoo.com/trail-camera-pictures. I posted this yesterday to the guy whose camera might not be working, since there seemed to be some good deals, so I hope I don't get in trouble!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Spike

Have a look at Moultrie Panoramic 150 8MP, which uses 3 sensors with a 150 degrees detection angle.You can find it for under $200.

I dont know how much your friend are willing to spend, but if price isnt any problem, go with Reconyx HyperFire HC500 or HC600 cost from $450 and up.They take great pictures, detection range 80 ft and a trigger speed of 0.2 sec.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Spike

Default Trail Cameras

There is a good selection here:

traile cameras...
Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stay away from Primos cameras, I've had 4 and had to send everyone back within a month.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Spike

Very good info about different cameras,thanks,Bambam7
Old 08-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by optichunter
Have a look at Moultrie Panoramic 150 8MP, which uses 3 sensors with a 150 degrees detection angle.You can find it for under $200.

I dont know how much your friend are willing to spend, but if price isnt any problem, go with Reconyx HyperFire HC500 or HC600 cost from $450 and up.They take great pictures, detection range 80 ft and a trigger speed of 0.2 sec.
$450 is over budget for my friend institution,their budget is about $200 each.I have remmended him the Moultrie Panoramic 150 degrees,but he mentioned a 120 degree cam,do you know something about that ?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
Stay away from Primos cameras, I've had 4 and had to send everyone back within a month.
What is the problem of them ? there is also someone introduce the Primos cam for us, the angle is 90 degree .
Old 08-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Icychen
What is the problem of them ? there is also someone introduce the Primos cam for us, the angle is 90 degree .
I've had (4) and sent every one back. The problems range from the camera not taking any pics and burning the batteries up by staying on, not coming on at all, and the main board malfunctioning. If you don't believe me just "google" Primos cameras or watch the youtube video below. and you'll see what I mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE1kgcx6m1k

Last edited by RidgeFACTOR; 08-20-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
I've had (4) and sent every one back. The problems range from the camera not taking any pics and burning the batteries up by staying on, not coming on at all, and the main board malfunctioning. If you don't believe me just "google" Primos cameras or watch the youtube video below. and you'll see what I mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE1kgcx6m1k
I believe what you said,those are also common problems on some cameras. So what brand camera you use now ? Have you try Moultrie ? My friend mentioned the Bestok camera,have you try it ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.