Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

new trail cam

Old 07-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default new trail cam

im thinking about getting the 2012 bushnell trophy cam black hd or the moultrie m80x black the bushnell is 20 dollars more on ebay but it is supposed to have a much better detection circuit and also much faster trigger speed. it is also 8mp. does anyone have any experiance with these cams? is the bushnell worth the extra 20 dollars?
Old 07-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

I had two 2011 Bushnell trophy cams which worked flawlessly for me last fall. Took over 20,000 pictures on each camera. Battery life is the best that I have seen in any brand. When I went to test them both in May to make sure they were working well one of them did not take night photos. I sent the camera into Bushnell and explained my problem. In two weeks they sent me a brand new 2012 trophy cam! I was very happy with the level of customer service they showed. They also have a solid 2 year warranty on their cameras which to me is important since a lot can go wrong with a camera in two years especially if you use them as much as I do. I cannot speak for the moultrie products as I do not own any. The one down fall that I have found with the Trophy cams is that they can at times take blurry pictures when positioned on a trail where deer are moving by fairly quickly. My cuddebacks do a much better job of getting crisp moving shots for example. When the target is at a slower walk or standing still, the pics are great. Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have three Bushnell 466 blackflash and they are great cams. I use videos 100% of the time which also helps eliminate motion blur.