Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

I have to give Bushnell Kudos...

Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default I have to give Bushnell Kudos...

I bought my first Bushnell trophy cam in the summer of 2010, and right from the start I had issues with run away picture taking. I sent that one back to Bushnell and they replaced it with one that, well, started smoking when I opened it one day retrieving the card(no joke). I sent that one back and they provided me a new camera that worked well for late fall/early winter 2010 and for most of 2011, when it started to have issues. When I brought it out this year, everything worked except it started to runaway on me. I sent it back (2 year warranty), and sure enough a new one arrived on my doorstep.

Now I know that Bushnell had some issues with motion sensors back in 2010, but the other Bushnell Trophy Cam I have from 2011 has worked flawlessly. I was always impressed with the 8MP photos from this cam, and am looking forward to putting it to work this weekend.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sniggle: Glad to hear things are working out for you. I have found Bushnell has excellent customer service whenever I emailed them with questions or requesting information. Nice to have that two year warranty. Good luck with the new camera. I have 7 of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras and they have worked flawlessly. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same issue with my 2010 Bushnell. I had bought it from Trailcampro and their warranty is airtight so I had no issues returning it for a replacement. Then in late 2011 I began to have issues with all the day pics being whited out. I posted on another sight about this problem and someone from Bushnell emailed me. They told me to send it in and they would look at it. To make a long story short, within a week I had a brand new unit that had more features than my old one. Great job Bushnell.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 07-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

What was the sensor issue. I have three (buy one each year) and one just doesn't stop taking pictures. Is that what you mean by runaway? What was the problem in the 2010 models?
Old 07-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

Great information. Thanks for sharing
Old 07-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by timmyzimmy
What was the sensor issue. I have three (buy one each year) and one just doesn't stop taking pictures. Is that what you mean by runaway? What was the problem in the 2010 models?
Yes, that is a runaway camera. The sensor malfunctions, and the camera just takes pictures until either the card is filled or the cameras batteries are dead.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

I had the "runaway" problem as well and bushnell was great about replacing (trailcampro warantee was just up). Just had to pay for shipping to send the broken one to them and they shipped me a new camera very quickly!

Timmy I would suggest contacting bushnell customer service, I'm sure they'll take care of your runaway problem.