Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Need some opinions on Primos, Wildgame innovations, and 2010 bushnell

Old 09-21-2010, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need some opinions on Primos, Wildgame innovations, and 2010 bushnell

what are your experiences w/ these brands? I just got two 8mp bushnell trophycams from bushnell support to fix broken 2009 models but i've heard such bad things about them i was thinking of selling them on ebay and getting some cams from wgi.

i also recently bought the primos 46 and x cams. both are a letdown. the 46 is going back to primos because the flash doesn't go off on 80% of my night pics. the x cam is ok but takes too many pictures of nothing.

anyway, whats your experiences with those brands?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

RackLuster: I do not have the 2010 model Bushnell but I do have seven of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera with viewer. I purchased these in February-March of 2010. If you look on the back of the package lower down on the right hand side, you should find the month, year and model. Example: 04-09, model #119415CN. I just took the example from a package I have. In my case the "04-09" stands for the fourth month (April) and 09 is the year (2009). The CN" stands for Canada. If I remember correctly the 2010 is more toward the centre lower down. Some of the dealers, because the cameras I bought came in with the 2010 order, claimed they were a 2010. I showed them the difference. Another indication is the 2009 model has two rectangles of 12 each LED whereas the 2010 model as two sets of 16 LED each. The 2009 are limited upto a 2GB SD card and are not compatible with the SDHC card. Here is a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital Scroll down to SD and SDHC compatibility issues. The only thing I found the viewer is small, virtually useless for the additional price. Being I had excellent service from the first ones I purchased, this is why I stayed with this series. To my knowledge, Bushnell is the only company that provides a two year warranty from the manufacture. Some dealers provide up to 90 days. I've sent a few emails to Bushnell requiring information: giving them a few days to answer, I have had excellent customer service. Bushnell cameras have long battery life, especially when using the 8 AA. Some of the dealers still have a few of the 2009 model. Good luck in your choice.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Spike

I am very happy with my Primos35. Here is a link to my thread of some recent pics

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trai...-one-pics.html

There is also a link in that thread to all my pics on my photobucket site.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

I have an 09 bushnell and a primos 46 I think the busnell is the better camera. Primos seems a bit touchy in certain light conditions I have experienced no trouble w/ night pics In the right light primos cams takes awesome day pics . Its also 70 bucks cheaper so its in my mind a push. Had cheaper wildviews b4 these take alright pics but trigger is so slow. Bushnell and primos cams are way better just my opinion
Old 09-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Robbinhood just did a review that included several of those cams. See if you can look back a few pages to find them. Also, you might want to check out www.chasingame.com the most comprehensive camera review site on the web.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Spike

I have the Primos35 and have good success with it so far. It have been out for 3 months or so. I have also experimented with the video mode and that works good as well. I have used several different brands (Stealth, Moultrie and Wildgame) of cameras and for the $100 range this camera is by far the best at that price point. It also has a very quick trigger speed. My only complaint is the slight clunk when the shutter drops.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Spike

Yes your right the 10 bushnells are garbage for the money, my 09 is OK, but they are poor in low light conditions, My Truth 35 takes better quality pics, had an issue with video mode but Primos excellent customer service took take of it promtly. Id buy another.
My favorite cam this year is the WGI X6c. picture quality blows the bushnells away, bbatterylife is great, not as adjustable as the Bushnells but every pic has a critter in it unlike the bushnells which half are of nothing, Check em out.

Last edited by doman; 09-22-2010 at 06:55 PM.