Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Where are all the bucks?!?

Old 07-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Where are all the bucks?!?

I really can't fiqure out where are the bucks have been this year. Here are some pics from today's camera check.

This first pic is from a buck that was a real poser. I counted fifteen pics of him in about a two hour period. Unfortunately, he is the biggest thing I have gotten this year.

Two smaller bucks

Another couple pics from the Bushnell Trophycam

These next few are from the Reconyx. I just thought the quality of the photos was really good. Note the sun shining through the fawns ears.

Overall, I was not too pleased with this cycle of pics because I'm not getting any bucks. I'm also not extremely pleased with the performance of my cameras. The Bushnell's results were so-so. The Reconyx suffered from poor placement on my part. The Stealthcam was fair but had a lot of blanks, and I don't even want to talk about the Cudde it's results were so poor.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 07-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

PastorJim08: Same thing here, both in southern Saskatchewan, Canada and southern Manitoba, Canada where I have cameras set up. Basically not much animal movement detected by the cameras. We have lots of food source and no shortage of water due to all the rains we have been receiving. The first couple of weeks in June had a fair amount of bear activity due to mating season. This was in the Manitoba area. But when the bears were around, not much other wildlife. Driving around the Saskatchewan area, I have seen a few nice bucks out feeding. Maybe the bucks took a summer holiday or being the antlers are in velvet, they would be pretty tender if they bumped into something.
Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

PJ. same thing in SE. OH.!! Just check my cams this past weekend and dont have much to show for it. The bucks just are not moving since they have food every where around them and plenty of water, and the high temps cant be helping much either. It almost seems like if you dont place the cams right on top of them you wont get any pics of them.
Great pics as always! Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 07-06-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I set up my camera on the edge of a field where I have been seeing a handful of bucks come out but they use a different route everyday so I am also having a hard time getting pics of bucks.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:08 AM
Typical Buck

I for the first time in a long time am anxious for the PA season to open, here is what I've been getting pics of.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have gotten one pic of a Buck in mid May & nothing since on either feeder or saltlick!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

4evrhtn

Where were these pics taken in pa...and what WMU?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by penninside08
4evrhtn

Where were these pics taken in pa...and what WMU?
Aaah, and there's the question.... lol
PRIVATE LAND definitely not PUBLIC LAND. Central Pa.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Spike

Jim,

I will be checking my camera out in two more weeks. I should have some good pictures of some big bucks!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good pics PJ, too bad not more bucks though. Less bucks than last year for me so far as well but definitely not because water and food are plentiful. Have had no rain at all here and it was been HOTTT so maybe the deer just arent moving as much with the hot weather. hopefully it will pick up in the next month so we can see some more pictures on here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.