Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bushnell Trophy Cam XLT

Old 06-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Spike

Default Bushnell Trophy Cam XLT

Well after much debate I finally broke down in an bought two XLT`s.......When this camera was first annouced I was so pumped I had so much success with the 09 Models that I just knew 2010 would be more of the same. After reading about all the issues (Run Away Cams, and White Outs) my excitement quickly faded...........

The mean reason I was drawn to this camera is the memory 16 Gb or 9,999 pics I live over 5 hours away from were I hunt so I need a camera that can stay out 2 months at a time an not having to worry about filling a card............

After waiting a couple months I believe Bushnell has fixed some of there problems so Im really pumped to get these cameras I got a good deal for them at Rogerssportinggoods.com for 169.99.

Hopefully I made the right decision an stuck with Bushnell but Ill be posting a review to see how things go.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must have had one of the early cameras because I had the problems you describe. I sent it back to trailcampro and they replaced it and so far the new camera hasn't had those issues, although I've only had it out once since then. I'm going to check it tomorrow so I'm hoping all is still well. Hope to see some of your pics soon.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 06-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Spike

Keep us posted...........The cameras were shipped out Monday hopefully they will be in when I get home Thursday............. Ill test them with the dog over the weekend an Im staying in a State Park in Eastern Kansas during the week for work, with tons of deer around so Ill put some corn out an test it out on the real think .......Im really hoping I got a good batch of cameras kinda nervous....If I have trouble with these cameras I might just switch to the NEW Scoutguards.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Spike

Well so far Im very happy with the new 2010 clear pics clear video good trigger speed thats all I need!!!!!!!!Bushnell Trophy Cam XLT-trail-camera-pics-004.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Bushnell Trophy Cam XLT-trail-camera-pics-036.jpg  
Old 07-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Spike

I bought one a month ago and put it in the woods. when i switched cards and got home i learned that it took pictures non stop. when I got back to it last week and pulled it out of the woods i found that it worked fine since I first switched the cards, other than it did not take any color photos. All the pictures were taken with the IR lens.I have moved my camera around and found that it works perfectly fine if it is in open sunny areas with low brush, which rules out most spots.

My guess is that some people will have good luck with the camera because their conditions will be right, but most will have issues with this camera.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

RUNNOFT......I would not keep that camera. That cam is not working like it is supposed to and its very likely to continue giving you problems.

The first '10 model BTC that I purchased had the non-stop picture taking issue and I returned it. The replacement has been working great and I'm satisfied so far.

There's just no need putting up with a inferior camera, I'd either send it back for a replacement, an '09 BTC or my money back.

Just my .02