Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

d55ir or i35ir moultrie

Old 06-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default d55ir or i35ir moultrie

which one of these cameras d55ir or i35ir do you think is better? ive heard reports the picture quality sucks. im mainly worried about the night pictures not being readable. im not looking for a perfect picture. i do like experimenting different cameras. now i have a wildview,2 moultrie i40, stealth cam nomad, bushnell xlt ir. i would try a wildgame innovations ir4, if i can find the better ones. i would try a uway too, if i knew of a dealer. thank you so much for any input. does cabelas carry uway extendirs?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are my thoughts on the subject, whatever the're worth. First of all, niether camera has been out long enough to make an intelligent judgement about them. But I would say that the D-55IR uses the same technology as the D-40. If that's the case, I have always thought the pics from the D-40 were a little grainy. Now if that doesn't matter to you, then I would say go ahead since it is cheaper than the I-35ir. The I-35IR uses the same technology as the I-40 and I-60 which take excellent quality day and night photos. You may want to wait until a few of them get into the field to see if there are any common problems. Sometimes it's better to wait when new models come out just to see if there are any glitches.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just recieved an add from BassProSHop and they have the new Moultrie Game Spy D-55 IR on sale from $119.99 down to $99.94,seems like a pretty good price on a new camera and it has 5.0 megapixels and it uses up to a 16 GB SD card!

The Wildgame Innovations IR4 cost is $89.94 with 4.0 megapixels and it also uses a 16 MB on board memory and a SD memory card slot.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

So far, the responses I have heard on these cams is poor picture quality. Very grainy night pics and day pics seems to be slightly out of focus. I held back on them based on the comments so far