Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Remingtons

Old 12-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default Remingtons

Any reviews on remington cameras?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Remington Ghost. Good camera for the price. not the best pic quality but exceptional trigger speed. you can choose between IR stills or videos or Flash Stills. every now and then on the flash setting you will get a black picture, but the quality is better on the flash setting.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Spike

I have the Ghost as well and so far I love it. Like yote slayer said, for the price, the picture quality is good. I really like the option of incandescent flash or IR flash. Video feature is a plus too. Quality seems to be pretty good so far. When they first came out, there were some problems with viruses on the memory card and software cd as well as some problems with the camera setup. People were getting all black or all white images quite often and the camera received quite a few warranted bad reviews. Since this time, Remington hasdone some software upgrades and made a few changes to take care of the problems. I haven't come accross any of these issues at all and I'm really happy with the purchase so far. I have only owned the camera for a couple of weeks though. The only issue I have seemed to run into so far is short battery life. I've read some people run into this and some don't. Some say they are lasting a month or longer in warm temps but battery life is dropping to about a week or so in colder temps. Right now my areas lows are below and around freezing and my battery life is somwhere around a few days. I am using rechargeable batteries though and I'm currently in the process of upgrading batteries to something that will hopefully get me some longer life in the cold. I'll have to see what kind of improvement I get when it warms up also. Overall, I am satisfied and will be even more so if I can just get a little longer battery life. Hope this helps!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Spike

Forgot to mention that you can see some pics from my cam if you check out http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trai...-got-pics.html
Old 12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Does it seem like they are triggered easily? Like by brush in the wind? I know most cameras do this, but does this seem to do this in excess? thanks
BB
Old 12-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BigBuck95
Does it seem like they are triggered easily? Like by brush in the wind? I know most cameras do this, but does this seem to do this in excess? thanks
BB
Mine does not seem to do this hardly at all! It does have a good trigger speed but, I haven't had any problems with excess images due to brush in the wind. Atleast no so far anyway. I am happy with the trigger speed though.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

Good to know, DryForkSlayer. I looked at the pics, looks like you have some good deer. Thanks for the help.
BigBuck95
Old 12-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BigBuck95
Good to know, DryForkSlayer. I looked at the pics, looks like you have some good deer. Thanks for the help.
BigBuck95
Anytime BigBuck, you're welcome!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Spike

I have several of these cameras and have used them for several years. The biggest problem that I have discovered is the way the camera switches from daytime to, IR pictures. The remington switches to IR at a predermined time, all the time, regardless of the time of year. I do not have the manual, but i believe the time is 7 pm and 6 am. This causes the IR lense to take a picture at say 7:15 p.m. and at this time of the year it is fine, but in July it is a white picture. Also, if it takes a picture now at 6:55 p.m. it is not in IR, and of course the picture is black. The same problems happen in the morning depending on the time of the year.

My cameras are at least a year old, and I do not know if the software is the same on the new ones. One way to prevent the previous problem is to use the regular flash.

In my opinion though, the ghost is much more reliable than the comprable 70-100 dollar cameras out there, as I have them too, and I trust the Remington much more.

In reference to the brush question, I have put my camera in a large field with 3 ft of straw in the background, and it will almost continuously take pictures in the day time, but at night it is fine. In the woods it very rarely triggers by wind or trees moving.