Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Is it me?

Old 09-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

Unhappy Is it me?

I'm new to this trail camera stuff. I returned a Moultrie d40 that would not flash and ended up purchasing a Cuddyback Capture IR and a Bushnell Trophy (wanted a Scoutguard but, of course, they were unavailable). Trailcampro sent me two 2gb Scandisk SD cards. So....

Set them both out in the back yard to test. Pulled the card out of the CB, stuck it in my printer and got a message saying it could not read the card.

I had neglected to send back the 1gb card that came with the Moultrie and I used that one in the Bushnel. No problem. Took it out of that cam and put it in the CB...no problem. Good pics.

Tried the second 2gb card in the Bushnel...no good. And again in the CB...no good.

Is it me or am I missing something. Two bad Scandisk 2gb cards??? Can it be the cams only like 1gb cards?

Any ideas???
Old 09-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

there are two kinds of cards sd and sdhd i just bought 2 4gig before a trip.got to bear camp and found my camera only uses reg sd. lol canada made some money on me!lol
Old 09-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

That may be some good info.

I just spoke to Rich at Trailcampro and he told me to send him the two cards. He will test 2 more and send me them. Hope they work.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Try formatting the two cards, some and I mean some cards come with pre-installed software on the cards, sort of their way of making you use their brand. A simple format with your digital camera or computer might take care of your problem.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

All good tips thus far. As long as i format my sd card through my Cannon digital camera they work fine in all my Captures. all my sd cards are 2 gb.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read recently somewhere where a lot of the cards coming from the camera mfg's are having issues. Personnaly, I always format my cards to the camera before I ever take them afield. Then I mark them to make sure that a particular card always stays with the same camera.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Spike

OLD/NEW
It is not you my 3 bushnell scout cams would not work when I put new sandisk 2gb cards in them this year.I finally got 2 to work with a 1gb kingston card and 1 sandisk 1gb card.I called bushnell on the 3rd cam and he said to send it in to check.he also said they are not made for a 2gb card.I am using all 1gb sandisk cards now,except in my wildview cam it will take a 2gb with no problem.
the only thing is the stores stop selling the smaller 1gb cards but I just went on e-bay yesterday and bought 2 sandisk 1gb cards for 5.99 each and 1.95 shipping and second card is free shipping.
also I sent in the 3rd cam but after I did I found an article on chasinggame.com about problems with sd cards this year in certain cams.go there and read the atricle it may help you.in the mean time if I were you I would stick with a 1gb sandisk card.
good luck in your pic taking and hunting this year.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 30-06 deerslayer
OLD/NEW
It is not you my 3 bushnell scout cams would not work when I put new sandisk 2gb cards in them this year.I finally got 2 to work with a 1gb kingston card and 1 sandisk 1gb card.I called bushnell on the 3rd cam and he said to send it in to check.he also said they are not made for a 2gb card.I am using all 1gb sandisk cards now,except in my wildview cam it will take a 2gb with no problem.
the only thing is the stores stop selling the smaller 1gb cards but I just went on e-bay yesterday and bought 2 sandisk 1gb cards for 5.99 each and 1.95 shipping and second card is free shipping.
also I sent in the 3rd cam but after I did I found an article on chasinggame.com about problems with sd cards this year in certain cams.go there and read the atricle it may help you.in the mean time if I were you I would stick with a 1gb sandisk card.
good luck in your pic taking and hunting this year.

You may just have it!

My 1 gb "Moultrie" card works and I can view the images on my printer or from my camera. I found the Sandisk 2gb cards are capturing images but I can not view them by putting the card into the camera or printer. I have to download them using a usb cable. This defeats the purpose. I want to switch cards in the field, go home, and then view them on my computer.

I will try the 1gb cards.

Thanks for everyone's help!