Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bucks at Antler Trap

Old 02-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bucks at Antler Trap

I found this guys other half about 20 yards away (behind the camera). It wasn't there yesterday. I don't know if the antler trap knocked it lose or if it was a coincidence.

Here's a couple of other pics from last night. The first buck is a new buck I have never seen before. The second is Brute. He's a regular visitor. Hopefully these traps will work and save me a little leg work.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bucks at Antler Trap

Those are some nice deer especially they second one.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

aweosme traps amn right now i mjust using a old fence
Old 02-02-2009, 08:50 AM

Just be careful of laws in your state when using "Antler Traps"... several states have laws against them because then can be harmful to the animals.

Here is a link- http://www.postbulletin.com/newsmana...date=2/22/2009

Old 02-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a very ingenious set upyou've got there! If it's legal.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

the second buck is a real brute. is it just me but on that second buck doesnt it look like if your looking at him that right front leg is wicked swollen or somethings wrong with it, compared to the other leg? or is it just the angle of the picture and the deer.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigmster127

the second buck is a real brute. is it just me but on that second buck doesnt it look like if your looking at him that right front leg is wicked swollen or somethings wrong with it, compared to the other leg? or is it just the angle of the picture and the deer.
Now that I look at it more closely, it does appear that way. It doesn't look like it's straight like the other leg. Good eye!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics. Dont look very safe to me though.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigmster127

I checked earlier photos of him and didn't notice anything strange. It does look unusual in the picture, but I think it just the way he is standing. It will bear watching though. I usually get a lot of picture of Brute. He comes in almost every night. So if he has injured his leg somehow, I will soon know for sure.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MOEncore

Just be careful of laws in your state when using "Antler Traps"... several states have laws against them because then can be harmful to the animals.
I'm pretty sure they are legal in WV. However I did spend some time searching the West Virginia Code database last night to be sure. I found no such law prohibiting them.

Quick Reply: Bucks at Antler Trap

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.