Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

What are my options??

Old 08-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default What are my options??

I just bought a Bushnell Trail Sentry IR 3.2 MP Digital Trail Cam. It has an SD card for memory, but my computer does not have an SD card slot but no usb hookup capability....how do I get my pics off the camera?? Could I pull the card and view it in my own personal digital camera??? What are my options to get the pics off the unit??
Old 08-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What are my options??

Yes you can pull the card and veiw them on your personal digital camera I have had to do this serveral times. I usually just keep two memory cards and change them out every so often and veiw them on my dig. camera.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

bhunter50,

The options are many, it just depends how much money you want spend. First of all, they sell a memory stick with an sd card slot for about $25 at wallyworld. You could by a card reader out of almost any hunting catalog. They sell for anywhere from $59-$100.00. Depending on your personal digital camera, you could look at the cardthrough it. There are also card readers that plug into your computer. They usually accept all kinds of cards, although these are a bit more expensive. One option might be a digital picture frame. These start at about $79 depending on the screen size. This is a good option because they are portable and, here's the best part, you can give it to your wife as a gift that she can put the cardfrom your digital camera into and enjoy her pics. You only need to "borrow" it ocaisionally. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys, I think that I will just plan on toting my personal digital camera to the woods until I geta new desktop computer with a SD slot built in. Thanks again!
Old 08-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Even though your personal camera uses SD cards it may not read the SD card from your Bushnell. I've had this happen with a trail camera and a personal camera. It read the cards from some trail cams but not others, I'm not sure which ones it did not read, so be prepared if this is the case with yours as well.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Typical Buck

ok thanks. I think it is going to work though....fingers crossed!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Spike

You can get a 5 port USB card for your computer for $6.99 on eBay right now, and free shipping. They are a piece of cake to install.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:32 PM

Your computer doesn't have a USB port? Unless it is ancient, I willing to bet it does have one somewhere. And if it does, you can simply buy an SD card reader and plug it in to the USB port and then put your card in to it.

I got a card reader off ebay for $1. Works perfect.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Typical Buck

Yes it has a USB port....don't insult me...I am only 24 fellas!!!Haha Ok, I am going to look into the card reader! Thanks guys!