Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Need some Stealth Cam external battery help

Old 08-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Need some Stealth Cam external battery help

I usually don't have trail camera or any technology problems at all, but this has me baffled. I just hope i didnt buy a dud.

Ijust purchased the Stealth Cam 12V external battery kit. I plugged itinand charged it for the 15 hours that they say to charge it for. Then i plugged it into my I450 and the camera wont turn on. Now im afraid to try and recharge it because it says to not overcharge, but its not getting any power to my camera.

Do i have to have batteries in the camera as well?

Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 AM

Default RE: Need some Stealth Cam external battery help

Siman,

The way I understand it is that the external battery kit is used to extend the life of the camera battery(s), so you would have to have the batteries in the camera. The batteries in the camera are the primary source of power with the external kit simply supplementing that source.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: webbclan

Siman,

The way I understand it is that the external battery kit is used to extend the life of the camera battery(s), so you would have to have the batteries in the camera. The batteries in the camera are the primary source of power with the external kit simply supplementing that source.
So could i just put regular batteries in my cam, or rechargable ones?

That doesnt make much sense to me though
Old 08-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: webbclan

Siman,

not true. you can just use the 12v battery kit (that's all i ever use).

siman - do you have a voltage meeter? your battery should be well over 12v, i think mine charge up to about 12.6. sometimes I have to twist the plug where it plugs into the camera. also make sure you turn it on . oh, make sure that when you close the lid on the case that the terminals are still connected to the battery - you have to be carefull when closing the lid.

one more piece of advice - these cases are not waterproof. i always hang mine upside down so the water doesn't accumulate inside the case. i don't know how many times i've checked it and it was completely full of water.

anyway, good luck. hope it fires up for ya!