Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie ?

Old 10-12-2007, 09:14 PM

Default RE: Moultrie ?

I would not recommend that you buy a Moultrie based on my experience with poor customer service. You'll spend hours in frustration on the phone waiting to speak with customer service.

If I were you. . . .I'd go to the nearest sport shop that sells digital trail cams. Ask about their return policy: if you buy a camera and it's DOA out of the box will they exchange it for a new one? If they'll do that, then THAT'S the place you buy your camera.

I'll never buy another trail cam online. Four Moultries, 75% DOA out of the box. One in four worked, and I'm not so sure that one's reliable. I'll know more next week.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:17 PM

The old cameras are sensitive to heat. The reason you are getting blank pictures during the day is when the sun comes up the heat sets it off.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

I just bought a digital one from Wally World. I too had some nothing there pictures, about 10 before an eagle showed up. One little problem that it has is when you insert the memory card with the little swith on it set to "unlock", it thinks that the card is locked. I had to move the switch about 2/3 of the way towards the "lock" position to get it to work. Using a 128 mb card, I can get 720 pictures of nothing on the low quality setting. For a $100 I thought it was a good deal. Another $50 and you can get a little viewer that you can take with you to view the photos on the spot.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

I buy nothing but moultrie there good camera's
Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 AM

HighBall5,

I believe you are correct. The camera is facing east. Most of the "nothing" pictures are in the morning when the sun is just coming up over the trees to warm the camera. I have another camera out that is facing southwest and it does not have near as many blank pictures. I will try moving the camera to face another direction to see if it helps.

Thanks for all the responses to this post. You guys have really helped out. I have several pictures (mainly of small bucks and does). I do have one picture of what I believe is an old buck that may be on the downward side of things. What do you think?
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q309/OKDucks/9.jpg
Old 10-15-2007, 10:29 AM

Sorry guys!!! I know the above picture is poor quality but it is the best buck I have on camera. I am hunting a 1,000 acre ranch that hasn't been hunted in 15 years. All of the activity is still at night right now. It has been hotter than normal here in Oklahoma. I am just glad to be hunting an area that has the potential to hold some older deer. Here is another pic from the same camera.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:42 AM

the problem with your camera is that it doesn't say cuddeback on the front of it.