Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Outfitter Cam by Moultrie

Old 07-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Outfitter Cam by Moultrie

Anyone have any experience with the Moultrie Outfitter Cam? I saw it in a flyer from Cabelas and it's on sale from 149.99 to either 100 or 110. It's a 4.1 megapixel. I'm curious as to how slow the delay will be, battery life (I see they sell a solar panel for 22.00) etc. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 AM

Default RE: Outfitter Cam by Moultrie

i had one of those outfitters and was not as pleased as i was with the 3.1. the pic quality was a tad better with the outfitter 4.1 but the trigger was slower and it was harder to set up. im not sure what display the one you are looking at has but the one i picked up last year had a strange one that was confusing compared to my 3.1's. you will definatly need the rechargable battery and solar panel if you get alot of pics. when it gets cold, the battery with solar panel can usually last about 9 days depending on how many pics. i was averaging 580 pics a week. also watch out for the sd card size allowed. my outfitter would only go up to a 512 mb where the 3.1 allows up to a 1 gb.
good luck and happy hunting

CC
Old 07-18-2007, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Moultire 3.1 GameSpy and haven't had any problems with it. It has been taken nice pics for a $140 camera and if it does get stolen, then I am not out $400 . I just put my cam out again and this time, I put a solar panel and rechargeable battery, so I can't say much on that right now. I do know that with a normal energizer battery, I was getting about 3 weeks of battery life but I am not in an extremely cold environment (I am in Texas where it gets down to 20 and 30 degrees). From all the reading that I have done, the solar panel will keep a battery charged up to 99 percent for up to six months (again...this is just what I have read).

I too have also read that the 3.1 Moultrie is better than the 4.1 Cabelas brand that is made by moultrie.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the 4.1 Moultrie from Cabelas. It has a slow trigger time but other than that i love it. It also takes really bad rain pictures and gives the deer saucer eyes at night but it is still a good camera. Its taken over 1,100 pictures since October. Are you sure your looking at the 4.1, the only one i know that Cabelas sells now is the 5.1. My buddy has that one though, and its a good camera. Still has a slow trigger speed but i think it fixed the saucer eyes and rain picture problem a bit.

Heres some pics from my 4.1. note: Some of these pictures have been cropped and edited a little:

The picture above shows a little of the saucer eyes from the flash

The picture above is a rain pic

Old 07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im not at home right now but when i get there i can post some pics from the 5.1. I hope this helps you out a little, they are good cameras except for the trigger time.