Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

camtrakker (worth it??)

Old 06-06-2007, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default camtrakker (worth it??)

I am thinking of buying camtrakker, but don't know if it is worth the $450. I like the Moultrie cameras, but just wanted to get a little better picture and video quality. I can get the Gamespy 200 on sale for $129 or get the Camtrakker Digital Rnger for $450.

What do the owners of the DIgital Ranger have to say about the camera?? Anyone have pics they can post??

THanks
Old 06-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: camtrakker (worth it??)

I've owned many different digital trail cam makes and models, from Moultrie, Stealth, Leaf River, Cuddeback, and Cam Trakker. Over the past 3 or 4years I've managed to gather a tremendous amount of feedback and thousands and thousands of images from these digital units. These cams have certainly left me with some strong opinions, some good, some bad.

Of these cams, the best two models I've seen thus far are the Cam Trakker Ranger and the Cuddeback Expert.My choice between the two would be the Cam Trakker Ranger. I promise you, there isn't ANY comparison between the outstanding Cam Trakker model and the cheap Moultrie! The Moultrie's have less than impressive image quality and a slow trigger that means you'll loose lots of photo ops. By comparison, the Cam Trakker has a fast trigger, excellent sensor and the 6MP image quality is exceptional. The CT's 20 second delay setting also means that with this setting you won't miss any action. The housing is also one of the better designs I've seen and it's totally water proof and bug proof. Operation and set up is also as easy as it gets plus the ability to actually remove and usea REAL camera is impressive. The supplied camera with the unit isan excellent Sony Cybershot model with a large 2" viewing screen with all the setting and features you could ever want.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:02 PM

Okay, here is my question on the CamTrakker Digital Ranger.... lets say you put fresh batteries in the unit, how many pics do you believe that you can get before the batteries in the camera are dead. I havn't messed with the Digital CamTrakkers, did play with the 35mm and was very impressed. I have noticed though that the higher end scouting cameras with removeable cameras boast huge battery life but it seems they judge off the sensor, not the camera. My Cuddeback can takemore than600pics off 4 D-Batteries. I am thinking about picking up yet another new digital game camera to tinker with this year and the CamTrakker Digital Ranger is one of hte top ones that I am looking at.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

IL That picture is nothing short of amazing.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will go with the Digital Ranger. IL-Cornfed, can you post a picture that was taken at night with the flash? Alos do you use the c batteries or did you use teh rechargable option that camtrakker offers? THanks again..
Old 06-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

IL - Great pic. Everything from the quaility to the pose is awesome.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice pic, if i had the money i would get one but a high school student cant afford to be buying top of the line deer cameras!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

I've owned many different digital trail cam makes and models, from Moultrie, Stealth, Leaf River, Cuddeback, and Cam Trakker. Over the past 3 or 4years I've managed to gather a tremendous amount of feedback and thousands and thousands of images from these digital units. These cams have certainly left me with some strong opinions, some good, some bad.

Of these cams, the best two models I've seen thus far are the Cam Trakker Ranger and the Cuddeback Expert.My choice between the two would be the Cam Trakker Ranger. I promise you, there isn't ANY comparison between the outstanding Cam Trakker model and the cheap Moultrie! The Moultrie's have less than impressive image quality and a slow trigger that means you'll loose lots of photo ops. By comparison, the Cam Trakker has a fast trigger, excellent sensor and the 6MP image quality is exceptional. The CT's 20 second delay setting also means that with this setting you won't miss any action. The housing is also one of the better designs I've seen and it's totally water proof and bug proof. Operation and set up is also as easy as it gets plus the ability to actually remove and usea REAL camera is impressive. The supplied camera with the unit isan excellent Sony Cybershot model with a large 2" viewing screen with all the setting and features you could ever want.

Great picutes but when comparing cameras you have to compare apples to apples. The camtrackers is $450. The new moultrie 4.0 is $100. I certainlyhope you get a better deal for the $350 difference in cameras.

http://www.camtrakker.com/sony_digital_Ranger.asp
Old 06-07-2007, 08:18 PM

That picture is nothing short of amazing. I wish i could afford one of those things!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:04 PM

WOW. What a good photo.
That is impressive.

What do you set your delay at?
Battery Life?
What is the best source to purchase?

Thanks for the post.

Quick Reply: camtrakker (worth it??)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.