Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

camtrakker (worth it??)

Old 06-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: camtrakker (worth it??)

IL-Cornfed....

Is there a way to get the date and time printed on the picture? It was on there when I was looking at them on the camera, but not when I downloaded them to the computer...
Old 06-29-2007, 08:17 AM

I would never pay $450 for a game camera and I'll explain why.

1. I can by 4 other "cheaper" camera's for the same price and have 4 good locations to get pic's from.

2. I'm simple...all I need is a decent picture just to see what and how big is eating at the feeder.

3. I can get a better idea of the amount of deer I have on my property with 4 camera locations compaired to 1.

I'll add some photos from a cheap wildview xtremre 2.0...I think it costed $80 at basspro shops, now I know these pics are as good as the ones from the camtrakker but....they still serve the purpose!

Sorry about that first pic...I forgot to Resize it so that it didn't look so big.

Now, If I really like the Pics of live deer that I was getting with a cheap camera but wanted better photos to hang on the wall, then I might could see paying $450 for one camera...but my favorite pics are of the dead ones. [8D]
Old 06-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

To each their own..I have tried the cheaper cameras and I am pretty sure I was missing a lot of deer because of the trigger speed. SO to me what good is a camera in the woods if you get pictures of only a fraction of the game that walks by it. I could walk by most of the time slow and it wouldn't get a picture of me. I set my cameras up on trails, not feeders. It is illegal to have food out in NY. For a feeder or mineral lick where the deer are going to stop for a minute, the cheaper models do the job for sure.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MJR10

I am thinking of buying camtrakker, but don't know if it is worth the $450.
In my unprofessional opinion, a Camtrakker brand game camera is worth every penny. I have a 4.1 model and a 6.0 Ranger, and I have literally taken THOUSANDS of pictures with them without any trouble. I personally like the 4.1 model better because of the battery set up, but I am just splitting hairs. What I like best about Camtrakkers is the fact that there is a "real" camera involved. I have taken most of my kill photos in the last few years with my Camtrakker cameras.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

My cousin has the camtrakker and i have the moultire and his brother hass even said he likes the moultrie pics better.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

My cousin has the camtrakker and i have the moultire and his brother hass even said he likes the moultrie pics better.
LOL! I don't know what kind of Cam Trakker you guys could possible comparing to ANY Moultire!!! [:-][&:]
Old 07-09-2007, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

I just sent my Moultrie back. My buddy has two of them and one of them is going back to Cabelas too. He has a cuddeback also.

Neither the Moultries or the cuddeback come close to the camtrakker I jsut purchased.

TO add to my review earlier in this post, the battery life is outstanding...A+
Old 07-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

LMAO!!! I have read ALOT of crazy statements on internet message boards, but I believe this one takes the cake. I have owned Moultrie, Cuddeback, Camtrakker, and "home brew" cameras, and there is absolutely no comparison in picture quality. I currently have a 4.1 and 6.0 model Camtrakkers and a home brew with a 1.3 megapix Olympus, and even the Olympus pictures are better quality than the Moultrie was.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL! I knew I wouldn't be the only one to find that statement insane! It's got to be crack! [&:]
Old 07-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Il-Cornfed......Does your digital Rnager print the time and date on the pictures? Mine has it on the camera when I look at the pics, but when I put the memory card into thte compter the pics no longer have the timestamp.

Quick Reply: camtrakker (worth it??)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.