Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

camtrakker (worth it??)

Old 06-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Default RE: camtrakker (worth it??)

How do you get your pictures from the woods to your computer? Do you have to take the unit to your computer? The digital camera I have uses an SD card but the camtrakker uses a Memory Stick Duo card, which looks very different. If I had two duo cards, I could leave one in the unit at all times, but how would I get it from the card to my computer? Thanks, and great pictures!!!
-Chris
Old 06-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Memory Stick is simply a slightly longer version of an SD card, no big deal at all. You simply switch out the cards at the cam (in the field) and bring back your Memory Stick and downloadyour images toyour PC.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

SO far I am skeptical if this is going to be worth all the money I paid. I received my camera yesterday. I bought it with rechargable battery option instead of C-cell battery operation. Well it came with one battery only (the way I read it on the camtrakker website it should be two). It also did not come with a charger. I called and the charger will be sent out to me, but another battery was going to be $39. I did not order the battery, but the point of rechargables was to be able to leave the camera in the woods at all times and just swap out batteries and memory card.

I will give a review of the camer itself after I get the charger and can actually use the camera to get some pictures.....
Old 06-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should NOT have needed rechargables for the C's.... they last for thousands of images! The only thing you really needed is the extra Sony battery for the Cybershot itself.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Camtrakker is making it up to me. Along with my charger they are sending me a free battery for any inconvenience. Great customer service so far....
I did not know the life I would get from the C batteries. I hope the rechargeables give 1000's of images as well...
Old 06-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

I have the digital ranger and had a couple 35mm and have always had great luck with them. There customer support is top notch anytime ive had a question.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing I'll give to Cam Trakker, I've neverheard a negative thing about 'em and THAT is saying something these days! Welljust look at the folks on most of the forums, they'll whine and complain about anything so for any company like Cam Trakker to impress, truly is a feat these days! I would like to try the model with the Lead battery and the giant slave flash just to see how it would do? I think it would be an awesome cam for the edges of my plots, I just think it may be a bit to powerful for the up close and personal shots I like to collect most of the time? Plus I'm not sure the mega flash and additional battery is really worth the extra $250! One thing it for sure, I WILL be ordering yet another Ranger model soon.

MJR10

Looking forward to your feedback and to seeing some of your own images. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 06-19-2007, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

Still waiting for my battery charger so I can get the camera out in the field.

IL-Cornfed---Question on the memory cards? Do you use a Memory Sick PRO DUO, or just the DUO? Also how big of a memory stick can you use in this camera? I haven't bought any yet, butwas going to get a couple 1 GB DUO memory sticks.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

I finally have had the chance to use my new digital Camtrakker and I couldn’t be happier with it so far. Picture quality is nothing short of amazing. Overall rating is an A but to break it down further…

Camtrakker customer service to start with…A+
Construction/Durability….A+
Ease of camera setup…B+ depending on your experience with digital cameras
Ease of operation in the woods…A

Camera is removable to use as a personal camera.

Picture quality A++…You can zoom in and count whiskers…
Trigger speed…A+

Cons
No video mode.
Can’t tell picture count from the outside of the unit.
No battery life indicator for the unit, there is one for the camera battery though.

Overall I give the camera an A….I will most likely buy another one next year. There is no comparison between this and my Moultrie.

I will update this review as I get more use out of it. I have only had it out for a few days…..

Old 06-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Another...of a coyote..

Quick Reply: camtrakker (worth it??)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.