Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

New Moultrie 4.0

Old 06-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Moultrie 4.0

ORIGINAL: EOrsin

Yes I'm sure I got the 4 MP camera. When I got the camera I tried, [ tested] different things including the 1 2 3 shots. I can't be sure the shot of the squirrel jumping from the feeder was on the first pic. So that pic could have been the second or third pic, how would you know. I kept that pic because it looked like a quick trigger and deleted the rest. So I can't go back a look again.
No... I was talking to RackLuster
Old 06-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

yip. it's the 4 megapixel. your're darn right it doesn't look like 4 mp [:@] it's 320x240. i'm hoping i have some setting goofed up. this is my first time w/ moultries but I double checked all the settings before I left it in the woods. we'll see. either way, i have a serious problem with it not taking pictures when i walk by it.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

RackLuster, try putting the camera on picture only settings, that should help!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll try picture only setting for troubleshooting purposes but I love the video mode. I'm going up to the woods tomorrow. if i can't get it working right i'm going to return it. i called moultrie and they are no help. the customer service rep says I need to resize the image with my computer. that is after explaining that the picture is only320x240. her first recomendation was to put the camera on the low resolution setting???? now she's ignoring my emails. not going well.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:09 PM

I got one also not to long ago(for a birthday present from my father). Although it could be faster and the pictures could be better quality but it does just fine to suit my taste and needs, especially for the price. My only problem was the bungees are kind of weekand my solar panel came with hardwareand no mounting instructions but, thats another story. Overall i love the camera.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

If you guys don't mind I am interested in how these cameras continue to work for you and if you could keep us posted on them, also just curoius does this model have the flash on/off mode and auto mode, if they do itwould be interesting to test out trigger speeds in each setting like the older moultries have and find out how each setting works.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep us posted with pics.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Spike

I used a combination of different size hose clamps to mount my solar panel to the tree. You can find 8-10 in. clamps at most home centers in the plumbing department. Also ran the wires through a piece of soft copper to keep the squirrels from chewing up my wires. Had to cut off alligator clips and put on new ones to run wire through copper.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:57 AM

yeah man keep me posted where are theyselling these cams for 100 bucks at?>

couple of questions:

with the 6 d batteries can you also add a solar panel to it and how long are the video clips?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:10 AM

I do not believe you can hook up asolar panelto the 4.0. There is nothing in the book about it. The battery life is good with the 6 volt D-cells though. I just changed batteries in my first 4.0 this week. The old ones lasted a tad over 8 weeks. I don't have an exact count but I got about 1500 pic's and about 100 videos. The videos are 10 sec's long. I bought mine from BP for a $100 but you can also get them from Cabela's for that.

Quick Reply: New Moultrie 4.0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.