Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

godd deal at PA Sports Show - should I have bought it?

Old 02-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default godd deal at PA Sports Show - should I have bought it?

I had started looking at the Moultrie digital cams and was tinking about getting one. So as I am walking around the show I see a booth that has the GameSpy 200 (3.1 MP) kit (battery & charger) for $130. I think that was a heck of a deal? Almost pulled the trigger, but some of the negative feedback I'd seen (and the fact that I have 7 cams already) kept me from getting it. What do you guys think?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: godd deal at PA Sports Show - should I have bought it?

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I just bought one after shopping ebay for them pretty hard for the last few weeks for the combo kit including a solar panel for $180. If you take out the value of the solar panel (they sell around $25) that would get you to $155 for the same setup that you could have bought for $130.

Nothing is a good deal though if you don't need it so if you already have 7 cameras and are happy with them I wouldn't sweat the missed opportunity. You might could have resold it on ebay and made $20 or $30 profit though.

FWIW, Nathan
Old 02-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: godd deal at PA Sports Show - should I have bought it?

Sounded like a good deal. One reason you may have seen the price so low is sometime this spring, Moultrie is suppose to release their new line of cams. The main improvement being trigger time. If you are going to put a camera over a baited site, then trigger time wont be as important. If you put it on a trail, then triggering time is very important. I have the Moultrie 200 3.1 MP and I love the picture quality for the price of the camera. I can't see paying a lot of money for a camera that is out in the woods where someone can steal it.