Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

bow quivers

Old 09-15-2002, 04:30 PM

Default bow quivers

I just got a new quiver that slides on to the limbs of my bow and
Im thinkin about using it for this season but I worried that its
goin to affect the speed on my bow you guys got anything to say about that? Any imput would be a help
Old 09-15-2002, 05:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-15-2002, 05:43 PM

Default RE: bow quivers

I'v used that same style of quiver and i had no problem's with it but i have switched to a cat quiver and like shrewshooter said keep's the arrow's in tack
Old 09-15-2002, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

For my longbow I use a Selway quick detach bow quiver that fits onto the limbs. If you keep your quiver off of the the active part of the limb, it won't affect your bow at all speed wise. It will affect the feel of your bow as far as weight is concerned. Be sure to shoot the bow to make sure that it doesn't affect the arrows point of impact.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:16 PM

it may not affect the speed, never checked personally, it will cause the bow to react diff after the shot and make the bow feels diff, like Wahya said, shoot it a BUNCH with the quiver on and with the same numberof arrows you intend to have in it during the season, remember this also, each time you shoot with broadheads in the quiver the vibration will cause the sharp edge to come in contact with the quiver insulating material along with all the other debris that has found it's way in there also, so check those heads during the season for sharpness.
As stated above I also have gone to a CatQuiver II as I do not like the feel of a quiver on my bow and I HATE for my feathers to get ruffled and snagged in the bushes when I am trying top be quiet. I have had the CatQuiver for going on 5 years now and have ZERO complaints.
Forgot to add, if you are using a slide on type quiver remove it every once in awhile during the season and wipe the dirt from between the limbs and the quiver, this will mar the finish if you don't.

Edited by - pat daily on 09/16/2002 00:18:51