Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

TreeStands, Stacking Q's

Old 12-16-2004, 10:18 AM

Default TreeStands, Stacking Q's

1. Stacking
Im using a 60" recurve and my draw is 30". I can get the bow back to a 28" draw with ease but that last two inches is a bear. Is that an example of Stacking? Is this bow too small?

2. TreeStand Hunting
How do you shoot a recurve if the target is at a sharp angle under you? The bottom limb would hit the foot rest right?
Old 12-16-2004, 11:33 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: TreeStands, Stacking Q's

Unless you are on the verge of being overbowed, most likely your bow stacks past 28". This is not uncommon in "over the counter" bows. Some 60" (and even shorter) bows will handle a 30" draw, some 62" (and longer) won't--just depends on design and what they are tillered for. Put it on a scale if you get a chance--you will probably see it gaining around 3# per inch of draw until you get to 28", then see it jump up a bit past 28.

Shooting at a sharp angle (or any other angle) from a treestand takes practice. You want to bend at the waist, which will put your bow almost horizontal. You are more apt to hit the foot-rest on a less steep angle. I prefer a stand without a bar in front, but my current one has it. To make sure it's out of the way, I put my belly against it and hold my bow well in front of it.

Chad
Old 12-16-2004, 01:30 PM

Default RE: TreeStands, Stacking Q's

Thank you mucho.