Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

My new chek-mate

Old 10-25-2004, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default My new chek-mate

I have the order form filled out and I am sending it to chad in the morning and I just got one more question. Limb wood? I picked black walnut for the limbs but I am not sure if that was a good choice but I dont know. I like yew to and hard maple I just don't know what would be best, Does any of this matter towards preformance? or is it just looks?
Old 10-25-2004, 09:01 AM

Default RE: My new chek-mate

Rich The walnut makes a great limb core. It is fast stable and smooth. You made a great choice. Enjoy the bow when ya get it.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:27 AM

If you are willing to pay for the yew get it, otherwise as Chad said, Walnut is the next best thing.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

I sent off the order form today. I sent chad a e-mail but he never awnsered it. Must be out hunting. I got the walnut limbs. I cant wait to get the bow. I have been going to do this for a long time. The Mountian lion I shot opening day of bow season pushed me over the edge. He was 50 yards away and I drilled him perfect with my mathews solo cam. Got me thinking, This has gotten to easy! this year at the range I was board with my bow and shooting. every shot is right were I want it. Wheres the fun in that ???? Now I get to learn all over again I will suck I am sure but isn't that why most of you went to this type of bow hunting. More skill less tec? with a compound 100 yard shots are pretty easy for me. I'll be happy with good shots at 40 with my recurve. I probly wont shoot a elk over 20 yards A deer I'll bump out a bit but only to where I am effective. Thanks for all the help guys!!!