Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

What String???

Old 09-28-2004, 08:53 AM

Default What String???

What kinda string do You use? & Why?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:06 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What String???

I've tried dacron, fast flite, 450+, Dyna '97, 8125, and tinkered with Nitro Excellerant (never made a string from it--fooling with the material and researching it was enough to rule it out). I always go back to Dyna '97.

I like it because it's durable and has very little stretch or creep. 8125 is the same material, but I don't care for the real skinny strings. 450+ works great, but isn't quite as durable as Dyna '97--it seems to be quieter on some bows though (I can't tell a difference on mine). They do add some speed, but that's not why I use them. I didn't use FF much--it was just too noisy for me. I haven't tried it in a long time, and probably won't, because I am very happy with the products and service I get from BCY. I went to BCY after Brownell brushed me off, and am very happy it happened that way.

On an older bow, I won't use anything but dacron--don't want to damage the bow. Some new bows aren't warrantied for anything but dacron, so make sure before you use anything else.

Chad