Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Who really has?

Old 09-17-2004, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Who really has?

I saw this post on another link and thought it was very interseting. Just out of pure curiosity, who has actually killed big game with their traditional equipment?

I've taken 40 whitetails, mule deer, balck bear and elk with mine.

80# Shelby Mustang longbow - Cedars & Magnus I's
Old 09-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who really has?

Deer and boar, squirrels, a duck, a skunk, chipmunks, woodchucks.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Dominant Buck

This will be my first year to bow hunt ,
so I'll go with not me for $500 Alex ...
Old 09-17-2004, 11:42 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Just a deer so far, but working on that. Toughest animals I've shot were armidillo, raccoon, and grouse. Armidillo took a close shot and didn't want to give up the ghost. Raccoon took a double lung pass-through, tracked it for a long way and lost it. Arrow was bubbly blood from one end to the other. It was shot as a pest/varmit, in season, but still would have liked to found it. The grouse amazed me--one was hit in the head, just behind the ear hole, with a [email protected] longbow and hard rubber blunt. Had to catch it to finish it off. Saw another take a solid hit in the chest from a 65# longbow and it flew off. The deer was much more cooperative--ran about 30 yds.

Deer is pretty much the only big game in my immediate area. I've looked for hogs, but never saw one, just where they'd been. Went after moose for a week, no luck there (weather messed us up in a big way). Have a water buffalo hunt planned. I've shot gobs rabbits and fish, and some other small game, but big game opportunities are limited.

Chad
Old 09-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed whitetails,boar,groundhog,squirrels,carp,alot of rocks and trees and a few other critters.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:20 PM

Whitetail deer, squirrels, and hogs.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

A couple bucks, a few boar, several squirrels, covey or so of quail, a couple of pheasant, a duck, a rattler, couple yotes, a wild dog, coon, cottontails, jacks and my favorite up to now, a Idahoan white hare in the snow, being chased by a dog and I used it's red eye as my lead point.[8D]
Old 09-19-2004, 07:14 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Everything from squirrels to fish to deer to elk.

If I'd have had a bear tag last week in Colorado, I could add that to the list too. As a result, I had to be content to shoot him with a camera instead of my recurve.