Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Missed my buck !

Old 06-07-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Missed my buck !

Hi, i'm Fred the frenchy,
I'm going to my treestand this afternoon for hunting my buck (in France the "chevreuil" is a small Whithail with 6 antler and 60 pounds max). Our season begin at 15 may for a closing at 31 january. The seasons is very long, and i have just one licence for a buck, and one for a doe.
I like to take my buck with my trad bow ( Prédator 2) this year. I'm going to treestand at 7,30 PM, and my buck come at 8 PM. It's the first time i see this one ! A very big for "chevreuil" with 6 points and big trophy. He take 5 minutes to stalk slowy under my stand. I remember "don't look the trophy ! I arm my bow to the anchor point and release my arrow !
I pass up to the buck (just up, i see my arrow 1/100 of inch up) !!!!![:@][:@][:@]
I 'm not so ungry to missed with my trad bow. I will shoot more at training, and be better for the next time.
I know i have leave a good time with this missed shoot !
I have missed to with my compound last year, it's a bad experience becaus i have not romantic thing with shoot with this one ! (i hope you understand my poor english !)
@+
Fred
Old 06-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Missed my buck !

Well Fred,you may have missed him today but that means he'll be around tomorrow.I'm betting you still had fun.Some of the best hunts I had I never even drew back on an animal.Also,would like to see what one of those "chevreuil" looks like if you could post a picture.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

Bienvenue, Fred.

Bon essai ! Une meilleure chance la fois prochaine. (I hope I got that reasonably close.) There is always tomorrow!

RC
Old 06-07-2004, 10:56 PM

Fred, tough go. With deer that small you need a good long season. Should be that way here too. Next time he is yours.

=keith=
Old 06-08-2004, 01:14 AM

ORIGINAL: JimPic

Well Fred,you may have missed him today but that means he'll be around tomorrow.I'm betting you still had fun.Some of the best hunts I had I never even drew back on an animal.Also,would like to see what one of those "chevreuil" looks like if you could post a picture.
It's not possible to post a picture (its play not with my computer ???).
You can see some of them on this link http://images.google.fr/images?hl=fr...tnG=Rechercher
I need more training for shoot better next time. This buck is most big than the biggest i have shoot with my compound !
I have shoot at 15 yard, and my arrow pass 1 inch up !
I will training more shoot of the treestand
by
Old 06-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

They certainly are pretty ,
I'll wager that they're good eating . [8D]