Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

off-season blues

Old 05-15-2004, 05:58 AM

Default RE: off-season blues

Off-season? Yeah, there's a period of time here in MN where the lakes are between frozen and thawed. But believe me, there isn't much of an off-season here for me. When turkey season is over, bowfishing is just around the corner. It's nice to have a recurve during this season. Why? Because my compound is too fast and has much poundage for those fiberglass arrows. I've found that bowfishing is not only a challenge to your marksmanship (there's a whole different method in aiming) but it's just as exciting as hunting big game! Well... maybe not. But it's still dang exciting to see a large carp of gar getting close to being within range, pulling back, seeing that arrow pierce a pretty large fish, and fighting the pish to make sure you don't lose your bow! You gotta drop the bow and grab that string pretty quick sometimes! Speaking of bowfishing, as soon as my son gets up, I'm headed out. 'Course, with gas prices and me having to drive almost 60 miles, maybe I'll just be sitting on my butt reorganizing my tackle box instead!