Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

LBR

Old 05-03-2004, 06:22 PM

Default LBR

Chad, did ya git your name on any trophies this weekend?

=keith=
Old 05-04-2004, 11:22 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: LBR

Nahhhhhh.......I was happy with my score--shot better than 80%--but it wasn't near good enough to get a trophy in the men's longbow class. I shot a 160-something, Bill Leslie won it with a 205--and a 200 was a perfect score! We had 2 shots where you could take the harder shot for extra points, and one optional shot. The optional shot was the steel fox--you either hit the kill or got nothing (well, nothing but a broken arrow). I think I hit the same dent I put in it last year--about 1/2" low. I did hit the other two bonus shots, but had too many 1's (scoreing was 5, 1, 0).

Had a great time--the Twin Oaks club puts on the best of the best--the terrain, the people putting it on, the people attending, the activities, the tournament itself--all first rate. Shoot rate is reasonable, t-shirt costs are reasonable, novelty shoot prices are reasonable, free supper on Sat night (you will hurt yourself--all home cooking), nobody asking you to donate for anything or acting like they aren't happy to be there, lots of very nice prizes, unique and beautiful trophies........I've never seen anything like it. Everything is very organized and runs like clockwork. I can't say enough good things about it--you just have to experience it for yourself. In a nutshell, if I could only attend one tournament a year, this would be it. Had one guy come down just long enough to shoot and leave, and he thanked me at least three times for telling him about it! lol He was only there long enough to get a small taste, and he will be back.

If at all possible, you owe it to yourself to come to this one at least once--it don't get no better.

Chad
Old 05-04-2004, 01:55 PM

Awwwww.......... come on Chad, tell us what you really think about it!
Seriously, it was a great shoot, & that fox wasn't so bad.

Darrel
Old 05-04-2004, 03:07 PM

No trophies ... But boy that guy can sing....

I think that is what you would call it????

Kevin
Old 05-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

You nailed it Chad, Twin Oaks is the best shoot I've been too, & they keep upping the bar year after year! Clubmembers treat everyone that comes like long lost kin-folk & every detail is organized well runs like a swiss clock. Everyone should try to make this shoot at least once, it just don't get any better!
Old 05-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

Heck yeah, ole Chad sings purty good for an overfgrowed redneck don't he?
Old 05-04-2004, 08:52 PM

Sounds like a good tournament.

Us Canucks can not hold a candle to you you-alls when it comes to stuff like that. Some say it is our reserved British nature but heck, there really ain't alot of British in Canada. probably way more German.

Sounds like ya shot all right Chad. I ahve heard about Bill Leslies shooting before.

=keith=
Old 05-05-2004, 12:09 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Think we sounded like a couple of cats caught in a bicycle chain--didn't get any shoes upside the noggin though!

Chad
Old 05-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Think we sounded like a couple of cats caught in a bicycle chain
Now waittaminit, I resemble that remark!!

Sure was fun tho! Hehehe.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:55 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Sorry Vic--I was referring to Kevin and myself. You are my new hero dude! On top of being one of the better shots I know, you were flat-out awesome on that gee-tar! You got to be sure and bring it next year! The KK and any other shoots where we will be camping--promise I won't sing!

Chad

Disclaimer: What I was doing would not be considered singing by any stretch of the imagination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.