Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bill Stewart TD recurve

Old 03-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bill Stewart TD recurve

Hello, I have one of these that I had builtt back in early 90's . It has 2 limb sets one 55# @ 28 and another 62# . What do you think current market value is ? Thanks
Old 03-23-2004, 11:58 AM

Default RE: Bill Stewart TD recurve

One sold just recently on ebay, isn't there a way of looking back there?
Old 03-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would guess $450-$475. They may increase in value as collector's items since Mr. Stewart's passing last year.

Bill
Old 03-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

Hello
The one on ebay was 60# and went for $179.00 .
Dan
Old 03-29-2004, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ebay is not a valid market indicator..most people probably have not heard of these bows , the man never advertised his products any bow reviews were extremely positive. I don't plan on shooting it or any other recurve. I simply don't have time or patience to mess around with a traditional bow and get it shooting the way it's supposed to.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:31 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Actually e-bay does give a good idea of what bows are bringing (maybe not what they are worth, but what the general public will pay)--in most cases they bring more there (auction fever) than on the open market. I do believe your bow is worth a good bit more than the one that sold there recently, but it may not sell unless you find the right person wanting it. If it's in good condition, a starting point might be 50-60% of what it cost new, give or take. I've never owned or shot one, but did come close to ordering one several years ago. I've heard nothing but positive remarks about them.

Mr. Stewart's passing may have positive or negative results on the price--as you said, he was not one of the better known bowyers, and obviously getting any type work done to it or getting a replacement would be out of the question. Collector's can be a fickle bunch--how well a bow shoots doesn't seem to mean as much as how well known the bowyer was.

You might try advertising it for sale on one of the many free traditional classifieds--huntingnet has a free one, women-outdoors.com, etc. You might price it a little higher than what you will take to give yourself some room to barter. If you can get to a big traditional shoot/gathering, hang a price tag on it (so it's obviously for sale) and walk around--you might do well there. You could also put it on e-bay and just set a reserve on it.

Chad
Old 03-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

The company is in fact still in business run by his Son, in fact he was my point of contact when I originally purchased it. It is brand new condition. May try the free classifieds to see if I can find a new home for it.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:35 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

That's great news--good to know the company is still going.

Good luck!

Chad
Old 03-29-2004, 05:49 PM

if its right handed and if you have pics i may be interested
Old 03-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Archer18 it is a right handed 64" bow with a laminated handle and clear glass on the limbs... When I get my camera up and running I will try to post some pics here.

Quick Reply: Bill Stewart TD recurve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.