Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Jack Hume Adventures?

Old 01-07-2004, 02:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Jack Hume Adventures?

Tuff,

I knew something was amiss but I just couldnt quite put my finger on it[&:]
Old 01-07-2004, 04:44 AM
Typical Buck

I haven't seen last years bou Dan...and don't remember getting an invitation up there either? [X(]Heck, I'd love to hunt AK at least once, but I reckon it'll have to wait since I've already committed to this hunt.

Email me the pics? [email protected]
Old 01-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vic,

I had the opportunity to watch in awe with this bull for about one hour. I had just killed my ram 02 and there was no way I could pack my camp, a sheep, and one chota caribou out by myself 12 miles. I could barely pick up my pack with my camp gear and the ram alone. The caribou would have taken atleast 2 more trips. The 2 pictures are fuzzy and I dont know how good they'll scan. I'll try it tonight after I get back. Gotta run some errands yet today.

We'll leave it at bigger then big. Ya remember lil delta caribou pics with Fred and the gang in one picture. The big bull in the tree, I believe he was still in velvet. I wouldt be far off saying this bull was a wee bit bigger then that one. Longer main beams, better mass, and just tallllllllll tops! Just one beautiful in his prime bull!!!

Invitation to hunt AK......do ya really have to ask?
Old 01-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Dan, how 'bout them pics?? [&:]
Old 01-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sure wish I was going with you! I take it your going for caribou.

nubo
Old 01-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Yep nubo, going for 'bou & I can hardly wait.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vic,

Here they are. If I can get a better scan of the pic I'll relist it. The pics aint so great themselves. But you get the idea! (I think I can clean one of them up pretty good once we get the scanner up and going again....)

the link http://community.webshots.com/user/lilhunter007

Old 01-15-2004, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Holy Moley Dan, he looks humongous!! C'mon dude tell me you have better pictures of him? Heck, even w/your mug would be ok! Hehe.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vic,

those were the only two pics of him that turned out before they hit that fog below them. Actually the fog rose and slowly they faded away over a mountain saddle. It was very tempting to get closer for a stalk which I am sure could have easily led to more. At that point it was almost 12 hours on a stalk, time to wait, there really was no trailing as the ram only went 20 to 25 yards, many pictures, a quick power bar dinner, it was drizzling, I was soaked, tired, almost out of water, and on a high I will probably never re-live again. I just sat down and watched him in awe, literaly. I sure wish I had the big camera with me on that trip but ya can only pack soooooo much. Heck or a partner with a good back as he would have been quite easy as easy goes to get on.lots of benches up closer to the saddle and more boulders. We figured my packed weighed somewhere between 130 and 140lbs with all my gear, sheep meat, cape and horns. The upper section was pretty rough going. My pack ended up over my head on a couple of occasions crossing rocks. Not to mention I was cussing Steve out the hole way down lmao. Nothing a few strokes of sheep horn wouldnt relieve though.

Like I said, my scanner is on the blink. I took those pics of pics with my digital camera. We havent quite figured out the macro settings on it yet, one picture is much better then the other but both came out pretty hazy as you can see with the digital. I'll try and get the scanner up and running but I think its about dead lol.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Dan...you telling me that you didn't put an arrow into that monster? Danggit boy!!

Quick Reply: Jack Hume Adventures?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.