Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Longbows??????

Old 12-31-2003, 05:26 PM

Default RE: Longbows??????

Check out www.shrewbows.com Ron has some thoughts on the short longbow.His bows are hard to get.Wes martin makes one called a mosshorn.Sweet shooter.You can get it 56 to 60 inches.A lot of the newer r/d short bows shoot well at short draw lengths.

CB
Old 01-14-2004, 07:14 PM

I'll raise you LBR, I think a lot of these modern longbows could more accurately be called recurves. I'm not saying a bad thing about them, I like recurves, but it explains the miracle of the short bow, 60-62" isn't short in a recurve, it's midling.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:39 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I hear ya Ossage! Actually I have seen several "longbows" that, when unstrung, I would have sworn were recurves--all the super-short versions. As my favorite bowyer says, "Everything is a trade-off". Can't deny the laws of physics (unless you are a bumblebee), so something has to give somewhere. The 62" version of my favorite bow does have moderate deflex/reflex, but still maintains the look of a longbow--strung or unstrung. A little curved, but obviously not a recurve.

Like you said, it's not a bad thing--I figure I would shoot a recurve if all I had to choose from were straight limbed longbows--just don't get along with them all that well.

Chad