Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Decision Made

Old 11-27-2003, 10:59 PM

Default Decision Made

Well I think I have a decision made on my next bow lol. As a friend recently pointed out I switch bows about like a woman switches shoes but I am ready to bite the bullet and order me a widow recurve. I was debating between a TF and a PSA and have decided on the PSA 60" 65@28 Now the only thing I have left to decide is autom oak or ironwood lol [] My beutifull crusader is gonna help finance the new curve soon as I find a home for her
Old 11-28-2003, 06:13 AM

Default RE: Decision Made

Well at least you' re not shooting a wheel bow[>:].

Chad what can we do to convince this boy that longbows are better than those recurves And on top of that he wants to go to the dark side and shoot a Widow.

Are Widows and recurves allowed at the KK?

Good luck!!!!!! Remember, it' s only money and they print more everyday
Old 11-28-2003, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bite the bullet??!? Sure you' re not throwin' a lip lock on a 155mm shell?[]

Just jerkin' your chain. Heck, if I had the resources, I' d love to have a Widow. Of course, there are several dozen other bows, guns, trucks, boats, RV' s and such I' d love to have too... I' d also question the idea of selling a longbow to finance a recurve, but I know there are times when a man' s gotta do what he' s gotta do. Whether it makes any sense or not. [>:][&:]
Old 11-28-2003, 10:18 AM

Are you lifting weights and working out ? Reason I ask, is that those BW bows are so dang heavy compared to a Crusader that you' ll need to !

BW are gorgeous bows. I think its a bit less that they' re being machined like Sammick and PSE bows. Something about being handmade gives bows a little more meaning IMO. However, if I found a good deal or was given one, I' d probably shoot it ....
Old 11-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think too much is made out of the ' machined' thing. I wonder how many people realize that most of those so-called ' handmade' bows are actually made with profile sanders and jigs. You know, machinists were machinists long before CNC machines and CAD/CAM programs were ever dreamed of, and made extensive use of profile patterns and jig.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:31 AM

don' t let these guys bust ya to hard I shot an SA for 6 yrs, great bow, smooth and forgiving and that equals accurate. wish I' d never sold it. I am going to buy a TF one of these days though. enjoy it and shoot straight
Old 11-28-2003, 02:57 PM
COB

" are you lifting weights and working out" LOL. Not because the BW is that heavy but because you will need all your strength to carry all the money you are going to have to pay!!!!!! [] [X(]
Old 11-28-2003, 04:47 PM

Hey Troy, Just a suggestion from someone who made the mistake. If you don' t like a high wrist grip,you might want to think about a custom grip at 70.00. The SA III I had shot good but it was noisy and was a real challange to quiet down. I put a dracon string on it which did the trick but the loss in speed was real noticable. Just some thoughts Don
Old 11-28-2003, 11:44 PM

Guys if ya all knew how much butt I had to kiss to do this a lip lock on a 155 mm shell wouldn' t seem to unreasonable[][:' (] The cnc machine work is the main reason I decided to buy a widow. Repeatability at its best. My only problem is in selling my longbow this close to xmas. Everyone is busted from spending on the family. One goal at a time widow first grizzly stiks second then the berreta blackwing then ........[>:] WHHEEEEW had to catch myself there.Musta been daydreamin
Old 11-29-2003, 10:40 AM

It' s a shame you are getting rid of the Crusader, seeing how they are very good shooting bows. It might be nice having a longbow with the recurve backup. I own a Habu recurve (21 different bows total actually) and have shot bunches of BW. If you haven' t ordered the BW yet, try to get your hands on a Habu before placing your order. They are extremely soft pulling bows, accurate and hit very hard. Take care..............Tom

Quick Reply: Decision Made

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.