Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Shooting with the kids

Old 01-15-2023, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Default Shooting with the kids

Picked up a couple cheapo recurve bows for the kids at a flea market. Don't know what they are but they shoot. Too light for hunting but the kids are little yet.

10 year old is shooting good groups at 10 yards. 7 year old hasn't figured it out yet.

Give us something to do through the summer and help motivate me to practice more with my recurve as well.

-Jake
Old 01-24-2023, 07:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's great. I had the grandkids out a couple times and they were doing well with some coaching but you know kids - they didn't stick with it. I remember when I was about 7 I got my first fiberglass recurve bow. I believe it was a 15# draw. I carried that around with me almost everyday during the summer when I wasn't toting my Daisy BB gun. (my grandparents lived at the edge of town bordering the woods and watched me while mom and dad worked). I did tons of stump shooting and became really proficient with it. I hope they stick with it and you too. I'm waiting for the email from you that you finally got a deer with the bow I sold you so many years ago!