Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Old 08-12-2003, 09:32 PM

Default What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Rocky Mountain Outdoor Adventures is looking for television show idea' s, if you have some idea' s besides the typical Billy Bob private games hunts, and or fishing on private lakes, I would like to hear what you have to say!

No idea is to small, examples, handgun hunting for big game, how to find a game trail, Has there been a show, and you have thought, why don' t they show this, or do that?

This show will appear nationally next year and we are putting show segments together for the 3 and 4 quarter, so if you have hunting, fishing, camping, ATV idea' s, or even break it down even more..reloading, bow hunting tech, any idea, will be looked at by our production staff, e-mail those idea' s to:

[email protected]
Old 08-12-2003, 10:14 PM

Default RE: What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

I would like to see more traditional hunts - guys with recurves and longbows stalking or in the stand and taking animals -

Mike
Old 08-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with cdi3d-more trad hunts!A few years ago,there was a show(can' t remember the name)that had Gary Morris-a country singer-going on hunts with a longbow.Pretty good show and he was an outstanding shot.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:04 PM

Yes, seeing more on traditional shooting and more on East Coast. It seems that all material takes place in the West. We have some real great hunting here in the East and also some world class traditional shooters. It would also be nice to have some programs on traditional shoots such as the Muzzy stump shoot, not just programs on hunting. Looking forward to seeing your program[8D]
Old 08-14-2003, 04:23 AM
Typical Buck

Yup, more trad stuff!
Old 08-14-2003, 04:56 PM

I would like to see:
In july when the stands were hung, WHY,WHERE,WHAT reasons?
Hunts on property that holds deer with the ocassional 130 inch deer. I am tired of seeing hunts on the $5000 ranches with no deer smaller than 200 inches, (You know, the type of places I will never be able to afford).
I would like to see a show where a person chooses a wildlife management area in another state and gets some TOPO ARIEL photos and SHOWS HOW to read them and narrow the the search for a good place to hunt, and APPLIES this to a hunt. Yes I already know about funnels, edges, etc.. deer hunting is like bass fishing BUT I can' t make heads or tails of a TOPO!
I would like to see some shows with people shooting does and being happy and thankful for the right and ability to kill an animal that will provide for their families, and never hear the words " It is just a doe" .
I would like to see some shows where REAL people hunt on their property and may or may not decide to shoot and are happy to see deer at such a close distance knowing that they have lived up to the challenge.
I DO NOT WANT TO SEE:
ANY MORE DEAD ON FRONTAL SHOTS ON A DEER " BECAUSE HE WAS FIXIN TO BOLT I HAD TO TAKE THE SHOT!" yes there are some people that do and can make this shot but, it is not a high percenetage shot and persons who watch these shows that have not hunted that much might think that this type of shot is the norm and guaranteed.
I do not want to here " I have killed the beast, long live the beast" PUKE! I am sure Ted is a very good person but I can only take so much CHEESE before I need some WHINE.

I know I have not asked for that much so I will also give my vote for Traditional hunts with people who really know the meaning of Traditional and that it is not just about the outcome, but rather what you do in between. While I am at it and I am making my wish list here, why not give me a show where you do not try to sell me some piece of junk that nobody in there right mind could ever need much less develop and try to sell i.e.: The Cough Silencer, get a grip!
I am all for someone showing me there set up, how they sharpen their broadheads, knives, tune a bow etc. but I can' t buy something somone is trying to shove down my throat. I know that sponsors are necessary, but give them credit in the beginning and the end and let that be the whole of it.

Well, I feel better.
thanks
Old 08-14-2003, 08:31 PM

What Pat said!

Show the hunt from the initial planning stages thru the actual hunt. Could be a series of shows. Start out with choosing a longbow or recurve. Show a bunch of different brands and styles. Then pick one and tune it for wood, alum, carbon arrows. Then look at some broadheads, shoot some, then how to sharpen. Look at tree stands, blinds etc. Then start the hunt planning, topos, aerial photos, scouting, tree stand/blind placement, food sources, sign, etc. Tell about how many days/hours spent in stand before seeing deer. Show all the deer spotted. The actual kill might not happen but man would it be fun to watch. Tired of watching some guy walk into the woods pretending he picked the spot for his stand, watching 50 150 class deer walk by and hear him say " I' m waiting for the big one" . I' d like to kick that guys a@# out of his stand[>:] Let' s be real. I use to watch all the hunting shows and videos but stopped the last few years because they got boring. Most of the shows were one big commercial, followed by a bunch of guys talking with a little hunting at Shangrala thrown in for good measure. If you' ve been hunting for a few years most of the shows are just plain frustating. Sure I could shot a huge buck like old Bill J if someone was watching all year and put me on a stand on the trail he was using. Put old Bill in a state forest in CT with nothing but a topo map and see how many 180 class bucks he passes waiting for the big one.

Good luck on the show. I volunteer to help review any shows or scripts you propose. I would also gladly lend myself and stock of longbows for any demo you might want to film.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:45 PM

Pamela Anderson in
" The Adventures of The Buck Naked Barebow Bimbo"

Where' s that popcorn?????
Old 08-17-2003, 02:40 PM

Buck Naked? that was my screen name back in the early days[]!!!!!!!!!![][][][]
Old 08-19-2003, 12:15 PM

I' d honestly like to see real hunting. Take on a different place every week and learn it and hunt it - you know, like real people do.

Example - the show gets a Colorado over the counter elk tag, grabs some top maps and plans a hunt.

Example - the show buys a $400 transfer tag in Kansas and hunts public land

Example - shows goes to southern MO, buys over the counter archery tags and hunts the Mark Twain public lands

Do that, kill some nice deer and people might actually learn and enjoy the show. Shooting a big farm raised deer don' t mean squat.

Quick Reply: What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.