Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Forgive Me For I Have Sinned!

Old 07-23-2003, 08:28 AM

Default Forgive Me For I Have Sinned!

I really like my cedar arrows and thought I' d never shoot anything other then wood out of my longbow, that was until I put my hand in the carbon cookie jar. I just tried the Arrow Dynamics Traditional Lites and all I can say is WOW! These things jump out of my longbow and fly laser straight to the target. I had always believed that if my cedars spun true in my finger tips, I wouldn' t see a significant difference in accuracy between the woodies and any other shafting option. I was wrong!
Old 07-23-2003, 02:29 PM

Default RE: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned!

That' s all I shoot out of my longbows. Fly like laser beams, tough as steel!!!!!!!!!!! Guess I' m a sinner[>:]
Old 07-23-2003, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

With some shops not even stocking aluminum any more and decent cedars getting more and more expensive and harder to find, there' s a lot of us gonna wind up being sinners. I' ve been horsing around with carbons on my recurve and longbow - again - for the past month, shooting the ones I bought for my compound. Guess I need to just go right ahead on and get the right spine for my sticks so I can see what they really do.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently made the switch to carbons also.What a differance!!I' ll still build and shoot woodies for stumping and small game though.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:33 PM

I shot them out of my recurves and had the same results. I really like wood but those thing are un-real. Don
Old 07-25-2003, 10:05 AM

Last weekend at a shoot I decided to try to shoot a carbon. I reached into my sons quiver and pulled out a beamon ICS 400. Want a nice arrow .Shot a great round 279 out of 300. Not bad for the first time out .
Old 07-25-2003, 09:11 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I still like wood . I have shot lots of different types of arrows--carbon, aluminum, and several types of wood--but Port Orford Cedar still has a hold on me. I know they can be aggravating, break easier, take longer to make, etc., but there is just something about them I can' t shake. I' ll take a good cedar arrow over any other.

Chad
Old 08-02-2003, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

I' m with you Chad! I' ve shot & hunted at least a little w/all 3 arrow materials(wood, aluminum, & carbon). No doubt the aluminums & carbons are great, but I still have a soft spot for those tapered cedars.

...Now whether that ' soft spot' is in my heart or in my head might be a matter of individual opinion! Hehhe

Vic
Old 08-03-2003, 10:11 AM

Yeah, still using wood...can' t see spending the huge money they charge for carbon.
I can afford lots of wood arrows and they do the job just as well for my hunting.

woodbow
Old 08-03-2003, 08:24 PM

On the subject of carbons and price. I bought a half dozen traditional lites 6 months ago for 49.00. All 6 are still in perfect shape.(have re-fletched) In the same time period I have also broken at least 2 dozen POC at 23.00 for shafts. And not counting feathers ,glue points and finish, it seems to be a wash out on cost except the POC are history and the carbons are still going strong. Don

Quick Reply: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.