Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Charity Tournament

Old 06-23-2010, 06:36 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Charity Tournament

The STA is putting on their annual charity shoot for the Catch a Dream orgainization this weekend. We will also be auctioning off a bunch of used targets--30-40, maybe more. They usually go cheap. Bring your truck and/or trailer! If you need more info, just let me know.

Chad
Old 07-08-2010, 08:54 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Our club is writing a check for $5,000 for the Catch-a-Dream Foundation--amazing, I think, since we only had 150-something shooters (maybe 80 bodies, including kids--if you shoot in two classes, you are counted as two shooters).

It was HOT, but we had a great time, especially with the auctions. The AL crew really represented, as did some folks from MS and TN.

For more info. on the CAD, go to catchadream.org. For more info on the Southern Traditional Archery Association, go to southerntraditionalarchery.com . We're done for the year, other than setting up at the hunting expos at Jackson and Tupelo MS. We set up at these with bows, arrows, and 3-D targets for kids (and adults) to shoot for free. Some kids would never get to shoot otherwise. We have lots of fun with this too--we have a candy bowl for the kids, and put baloons on the targets to keep it lively.