Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Wing Archery

Old 06-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wing Archery

So my father was at a garage sale today and found someone trying to clear out a bunch of hunting equipment. He got an Ameristep Doghouse blind, two hang-on stands with steps, a recurve bow and some other stuff for a whopping $50. The people really wanted to get rid of the stuff. Any way you slice it, it was a bargain.

The bow is a 62" 45lb Wing Archery Falcon. I did the customary internet search and found very little real information about the company. There were a few on eBay that weren't very expensive. Just wondered if any of you have any info about this bow or Wing Archery.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Spike

I do know that Bob Lee started Wing Archery back in the 60's??
At one point another company took it over.....so, some of them depending on the date it was made, are supposedly better than others.
I've heard the Wings that were made by Bob Lee are the better bows. That's all I know, sorry I couldn't give you more info.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flatbow1
I do know that Bob Lee started Wing Archery back in the 60's??
At one point another company took it over.....so, some of them depending on the date it was made, are supposedly better than others.
I've heard the Wings that were made by Bob Lee are the better bows. That's all I know, sorry I couldn't give you more info.
They were also owned by Head Ski Co. and AMF. Most of the Wings don't bring alot of $$$ but a few are very collectable,like the Presentations. They're good shooters just the same though. I had 2 Wings,a Gull and I think the other was a Red Wing Hunter...both AMF and they shot great