Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Finally

Old 11-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Finally

Ill try one more time. I have been having problems posting to this site. Dont know the problem. I tried to post some of this years harvests but have not been able to post to this site. and this is my second try of today. arrggg

I had plans on going out to my land and spend all day Sat. hunting. But of course, things never go as planned. Fri. night I get a call that there is a clogged line at the church, so that kills Sat. morning hunt. Sat. morning I spend most of it digging up a sewer line. Get done around 2:00. Way to late to head to my land, which is over an hour away. So I decide to go to the river about 1 mile from my house and hunt the public land. Usually ok for hogs, but not all that good for deer. I get cleaned up, head out. I set up on a bluff over looking a heavily used trail. At around 4:00 I have a doe come in. So of course I have to send an arrow her way. She runs about 30 yards and piles up in plan site. I still plan to give her about 10-20 min, when out down the trail I see a buck with his nose to the trail following the does sent. So when he walks in range, I give him and arrow as well. He jumps, spins twice and drops on the spot. I can easily see he is done, so I go down and recover them and head home before dark. He was a big bodied 8 point that had been doing some serious fighting. Every tine on his rack was broke off.
I forgot to take pics of the doe, other than in the back of the truck for the ride home.

Sorry about the pics. I all I had was a phone.

And for the ride to the gutting spot.

And the great thing about this, this is a bonus buck. I shot him in Knox county, which is a two buck county. My land is in Kent county, which is a one buck county, so I still have one more buck to harvest. Three does and one buck left. The deer god were smiling on me yesterday. Ill take this over a hog.

Last edited by burniegoeasily; 11-22-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats mate well done.

You worked out any dates yet for Bob and I to come out?
Old 11-22-2009, 07:44 AM
bigcountry

Never fail to disappoint Kent. Great job.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:47 AM
bigcountry

oooh, I also notice you got em with the new stick. Very nice. And a perfect dad gone shot to boot.

Last edited by bigcountry; 11-22-2009 at 07:50 AM.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kanga
Congrats mate well done.

You worked out any dates yet for Bob and I to come out?
He's scared Bob will educate his deer! I have 1 dozen inserts for you Russ.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice Kent, maybe the bucks are starting to move..
Old 11-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Great luck and great shots. going hunting this weekend.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Centxrecurve
Great luck and great shots. going hunting this weekend.
Are you going out with that yellow stick. Osage longbow. I always liked the way that bow shot. Good luck.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

matter of fact I am and the ya rra
Old 11-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kents going to have some reptile skins to put of some upcoming bows if I can get in gear and get them to him!Well at least one more skin,got the last one in freezer for him!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.