Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

wood arrow selection

Old 05-20-2003, 05:19 AM

Default RE: wood arrow selection

Wood arrows are beautiful but they have gotten too expensive for me. Rogue River is a great place to buy them though. I shoot GoldTips now. Better groups and a lot more durable! I was breaking an average of one arrow every time I shot a 3-D course. I guess if I didn' t miss the target it would help a lot! Everytime I slap the belly of a deer target, I break an arrow. Dick
Old 05-20-2003, 07:43 AM

Woodduck - Sorry about the late reply. After much bareshafting at the range, I have decided on a 74# spine. Paula sent the shafts out tapered to my length as I requested. I' m using 125 and 145 gr tips that I installed myself. Same for the nocks. They can do anything you want...its just a matter of how much $$$ you want to put towards a test pack. The shafts are unfinished and come from the " stump shooter" pile, but are clearly marked as to spine...and weight too I believe.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:16 PM

Hello, I' m here in Texas where humidity is very high (85 & 90 per cent daily) and I haven' t had a problem, as long as they are sealed. I get mine from Whispering Wind Arrows and his email address is [email protected] no website. And I get shafts from Paradox Archery Works, his email address is [email protected]. Both these guys make their shafts and I' ve got nothing but great shafts from the both of them.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:27 PM

I was in a rush to get them. That' s always no good, for me. I wanted them for a shoot that' s this weekend that didn' t allow carbons. I will use Easton Aluminums for the shoot. They allow them for some reason but not carbon. I like the looks and capabilities of the Gold Tip Traditionals. That' s what I plan to use for my recurve bow.
Sometime this summer I still want to get woodies for my longbow. Thanks. At least now I' m not in a rush to do it.