Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Tred Barta Suffers Spinal Stroke

Old 06-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tred Barta Suffers Spinal Stroke

Damn, not the exact update I was hoping for but none the less It could be worse I guess. Hang In there Tred, prayers on the way!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:05 PM
bigcountry

There is an interview on stickbow.com or bowsite. Its an hour long interview but worth the listen. I gained new respect for Tred in that interview. I admit, I have never watched even one of his shows, as I don't watch TV. And all the negative talk on archery pages left a bad taste in my mouth. But he professed Jesus Christ as being his God and Savior, seemed very upbeat. Looks promising. It would be awesome for God to let him be able to hunt again and be an inspiration to all.

He hit it right on the head. All the trophies, and toys we all care so much about means jack all without your health and family.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

There is an interview on stickbow.com or bowsite. Its an hour long interview but worth the listen. I gained new respect for Tred in that interview. I admit, I have never watched even one of his shows, as I don't watch TV. And all the negative talk on archery pages left a bad taste in my mouth. But he professed Jesus Christ as being his God and Savior, seemed very upbeat. Looks promising. It would be awesome for God to let him be able to hunt again and be an inspiration to all.

He hit it right on the head. All the trophies, and toys we all care so much about means jack all without your health and family.
Thank you BC for talking me into listening to that. That was just what I needed this morning. I've been going through a rough patch the last few days with my ex-wife and a possible new job opporitunity and gaining more custody of my two sons. I took a lot from that man's words. What stuck out most was when he said, "don't give up. Never give up." That hit me hard. What I'm going through is not even grain of salt of what he is experiencing. It's time for me to get back to the simple things in life that make me happy.

I'm not even sure what I'm doing in the Trad. forum. This is the first time I've been here in 3 years. I'll take that as a sign from the good Lord. Thanks again, BC.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:35 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

Thank you BC for talking me into listening to that. That was just what I needed this morning. I've been going through a rough patch the last few days with my ex-wife and a possible new job opporitunity and gaining more custody of my two sons. I took a lot from that man's words. What stuck out most was when he said, "don't give up. Never give up." That hit me hard. What I'm going through is not even grain of salt of what he is experiencing. It's time for me to get back to the simple things in life that make me happy.

I'm not even sure what I'm doing in the Trad. forum. This is the first time I've been here in 3 years. I'll take that as a sign from the good Lord. Thanks again, BC.
No problem. I always thought the dude was fake. But I know one thing, I couldn't sit there and keep my chin so high and be so determined as he sounded. I sat there last night in awe. I mean can you imagine. Guy has the tiger by the tail. Hunts quality animals for a living. In quality places. And then a hit out of no where. I think he may be the real deal. Something we all wish we could be.

I understand ex-wife issues. Hang in there. I wouldn't mind to zero on prayer for you. I have trouble understanding prayer or the need for it. But I seen something recently that has blown my mind. All I ask is you keep me informed of your progress. I wouldn't mind seeing God work some more miracles.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I understand ex-wife issues. Hang in there. I wouldn't mind to zero on prayer for you. I have trouble understanding prayer or the need for it. But I seen something recently that has blown my mind. All I ask is you keep me informed of your progress. I wouldn't mind seeing God work some more miracles.
Thank you BC. Any prayers would be appreciated. I will PM you from time to time to keep you informed. Thanks again.