Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

frog gigging and the impact to traditional archery (with pics)

Old 01-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Banned

Default frog gigging and the impact to traditional archery (with pics)

ok, not really ........ but have ya'll seen then new Zipper SXT bows ? WOW !!!

Old 01-06-2009, 02:28 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: frog gigging and the impact to traditional archery (with pics)

I have been looking at them but still can't figure out the advantages.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Banned

shorte riser is all ........
Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

shorte riser is all ........
Ok, so If I was shooting a 62" bow before and it fit me well, I could now shoot a 60" and things should remain as comfortable? Except for string angle of course.

There was a dandy zipper on stickbow a few days ago. It was all I could do not to buy.

you sellin now? Let me know.

I think I am going to save up 1200 dollars and get one of his elk horn risers bows. I just love em.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:20 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

BC, if you want an elk horn riser bow contact Voodoo. Absolutely beautiful bows--and I don't think they cost $1,200.

As for the bow in the pics.......it's got some pretty woods, but other than that, what's the big deal? I used to get all slobbery and big-eyed over fancy woods, and I still like to look at them, but I learned some time ago they don't make the bow shoot any better.

Chad
Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned

Chad have you shot one ?

They have a lot of maple I think in them ... very light. Mine is all bamboo - its lighter I'd hazard than your 1 piece longbows as a 3 piece TD recurve !

no kidding .... its that light !
Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned

oh .... why I want one ? I've got dinky hands ... and sometimes a bows "fits" and Zippers seem to git me.

I sold my Adcock about 6 weeks ago on EBAY I love my Zipper so much
Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: LBR

BC, if you want an elk horn riser bow contact Voodoo. Absolutely beautiful bows--and I don't think they cost $1,200.

As for the bow in the pics.......it's got some pretty woods, but other than that, what's the big deal? I used to get all slobbery and big-eyed over fancy woods, and I still like to look at them, but I learned some time ago they don't make the bow shoot any better.

Chad
I don't know. Zipper is my favorite bow. They come in many other woods than shown. I hate to admit it but thats the reason I love trad bows. The beauty of the wood. Well some of them. If I wanted top performance, I would get hoyt, or PSE recurve

Old 01-06-2009, 09:20 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I honestly don't remember if I've shot or owned one--too many bows, too little memory. If I did, it wasn't good or bad enough to leave a real impression. That's the bows I remember, for the most part--really liked them, or really didn't. There's a few that fall into my "ok" category that I remember, mainly because they get talked about a lot.

BC, have you ever seen Tamo ash? It's the prettiest wood I've seen--'course it depends on the figure.

As for performance, not likely you'll get the absolute best performing recurve from PSE, or even Hoyt. I'll try to remember to ask a friend who stays on top of this stuff who's got the #1 spot currently--pretty sure it will be an ILF limb, probably Samick or W&W. He'll know more about who actually has it, vs. who claims they have it.

Chad
Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Zipper Extreme that I traded off--worst deal I ever made.I really miss that bow alot

Quick Reply: frog gigging and the impact to traditional archery (with pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.