Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

good way to start?

Old 12-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default good way to start?

found this sight while researching traditional archery. was wondering if these longbows would be good to start with? if not is there a inexpensive bow out there to get me started?
http://www.baronbows.com/
Old 12-29-2008, 06:14 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: good way to start?

I am shocked this guy will build them that cheap. I know I wouldn't

These bows are not going to be smoking fast, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't be a good start. Just get one with a shelf to start out IMO. The baron looks decent.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:50 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I'm leery myself--when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. That being said, I have no hands-on experience with those bows. If they are anywhere close to being as advertised, the bowyer should be up to his/her eyeballs in orders in no time. If not, well.....word will spread soon enough.

Chad
Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Dominant Buck

That is pretty cheap for some of those designs. I noticedhis moretouchy designs are underglass. That way he can mass producing them to make up for cost. The solid bows are of more forgivening designs, agian, using volume to make up cost. I feel this is why his bows are so cheap. Which does not translate as a bad bow. Could be a good bows with a mass producible design. Never know till you try.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:10 PM

I started with a PSE and you can get a longbow out of Cabel-s fairly cheep start cheep if you don't like traditional archery then your not out a lot of money 3river has some arrow test kits so you can see what shoots the best for you.Good Luck