Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Favorite Arrows--colors?

Old 03-29-2003, 10:15 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Favorite Arrows--colors?

I' m getting ready to build some arrows after laying off for quite a while, and need some suggestions. What do you like? Cap colors, feather colors, stains, cresting colors, etc. I have quite a few feathers on hand and lots of paint just screaming to be made into something nice, however my sense of color coordination is about as good as Mr T' s sense of fashion! [X(] HELP!

Chad

Old 03-29-2003, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Favorite Arrows--colors?

Hey, Chad, take your cue from thins that catch your eye and color combinations used on othe things. To me the point of a crest is to contrast the colour of the shaft. So if the shaft is stained a dark colour, you' d pick your crest from a light colour that compliments it. If the shaft is light in stain/colour, pick a crest that' s dark in colour. And to me, unless you' re splicing feathers, it just looks stupid to have a crest in different coloring than the feathers. The way I did my ramin shafts was staining the colonial cherry, painted them yellow and used yellow shield cuts on them. I was going to use a barred shield cut yellow for the cock feathers, but they didn' t have them when I was there for the feathers. That' s just the way I like to do things and what looks good to me. A tip I picked up from the guy I bought ramin shafts off of, instead of using paints, use another stain for the crest.

Brandan
Old 03-29-2003, 05:11 PM

Chad, Are they wood? I like a dark brown stain, white cap; black , red and gold cresting. Finish with two red barred and a white cock feather. BEEEEAAAAUTIFUL! Dick
Old 03-30-2003, 11:09 PM

I like a similiar dip and feather combo too, usually in brighter colors.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:06 AM

I use a white crown and red/gold bands with maybe a thin line of silver and fletch with natural barred feathers. Look great. Personally I think the less cresting the better - just enough to define the arrow but not overkill.

Nice Forum
Old 04-02-2003, 07:31 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-02-2003, 10:11 AM

Recurveshooter - Have you tried a burner ? I like mine, better than the choppers and so much faster. And smellier, and more apt to error but still, I like it