Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Fletch alignment and riser contact

Old 11-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fletch alignment and riser contact

I'm shooting Carbon Express terminators 4570 cut to 29". 250 grains up front, press fit bohning nock and 3 5.5" full profile feathers. Broadheads are 1" wide 3 blade woodsmans and 1" SB 2 blade outback supremes.

In the past I've always shot cock vane in, after reading something at tradgang and giving it a try. With the supermag, yesterday I noticed a little bobble in arrow flight right after release that seems to be from the fletch hitting the riser and kicking out just a bit. Stabilizes quickly, flight thereafter is like a dart, and if I do my part the bow shoots where I look.

Should I be concerned with this contact? Too close to hunting to refletch with something lower in profile which I believe will still stabilize the broadheads I use. I plan to rotate the nocks to see if I can find a sweet spot that eliminates it, but in the meantime, thought I'd ask you guys what your thoughts are.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Fletch alignment and riser contact

I was shooting cock vane in also and noticed kick to left when released. I started shooting cock vane out but now I am getting significant feather wear from rest. Oh well be time to refletch end of seanson anyway. But I am shooting mangus two blades so I like the heads to be the same direction when I shoot