Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Murphy's law

Old 10-19-2008, 11:04 AM
bigcountry

Default Murphy's law

Well, I have been hunting longbow all season so far. And have seen alot of animals but none within 18 yards and with the swing, I can shoot out of my climber. All were 25-30 yards. Even seen a few bucks. Typical story, the stand was not in the right position, just a tad too dark to see, typical hunting crap.

So our muzzleloading season started on Thursday. I have hunted for 3 days staight, and I have seen so many doe its crazy, and guess what? All have came within 15 yards wide open trad shots, but here I amwith asmokepole.

I am thinking God is telling me this year, this is what you are getting, shoot it. I usually always see 1 buck for ever 4 doe. But on this new property, I see 30 doe and no bucks.

So we will see if murphy is still at it in the next few weeks with bow in hand again. I hate to pound does with prerut starting.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Murphy's law

Same thing happened to me a few years ago.Took the flinter out and wouldn't you know it--a nice 8pt at 12yds!Oh well,I guess that's hunting
Old 10-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mark.

Thats why it's called hunting

Atleast you are getting out in the woods unlike some I know (mainly me)
Old 10-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Well, I have been hunting longbow all season so far. And have seen alot of animals but none within 18 yards and with the swing, I can shoot out of my climber. All were 25-30 yards. Even seen a few bucks. Typical story, the stand was not in the right position, just a tad too dark to see, typical hunting crap.

So our muzzleloading season started on Thursday. I have hunted for 3 days staight, and I have seen so many doe its crazy, and guess what? All have came within 15 yards wide open trad shots, but here I am with a smokepole.

I am thinking God is telling me this year, this is what you are getting, shoot it. I usually always see 1 buck for ever 4 doe. But on this new property, I see 30 doe and no bucks.

So we will see if murphy is still at it in the next few weeks with bow in hand again. I hate to pound does with prerut starting.

BC, 15 yards with a Muzzloader and you didn't shoot, how close do you need them I dream of sending a patched round ball from the Flinter thru a deer......
Old 10-20-2008, 08:54 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

So our muzzleloading season started on Thursday. I have hunted for 3 days staight, and I have seen so many doe its crazy, and guess what? All have came within 15 yards wide open trad shots, but here I amwith asmokepole.

BC, 15 yards with a Muzzloader and you didn't shoot, how close do you need them I dream of sending a patched round ball from the Flinter thru a deer......
I need some bucks. Everyone of them had fawns with em. Figured we can shoot does later in the season.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Can you not hunt bows during gun or muzzle loader season. We can in Texas, so I hunt all year with just bows. You are seeing more deer than I. I took a nice doe this weekend (ill post pics later) which was only the third doe ive seen this season. I tagged two of the three. Thank God two walked my direction, the thrid was run off by a hog.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

You guys are lucky you have more then one tag! Be thankful at that. Here where I hunt I only have one tag. No doe shooting for me until Mid December If I'm still buckless or unless I drive 4.5 hours north to my dads where I can shoot a couple doe's.

Good luck Mark!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Dominant Buck

I get two doe tags and one antler tag. If I travel south to a two buck county, I can tag a second buck. But ive got to find a buddy with land south of me.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:05 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Can you not hunt bows during gun or muzzle loader season. We can in Texas, so I hunt all year with just bows. You are seeing more deer than I. I took a nice doe this weekend (ill post pics later) which was only the third doe ive seen this season. I tagged two of the three. Thank God two walked my direction, the thrid was run off by a hog.
sure you can, but murphy doesn't play that way. If I had a longbow, they would all be out 25-30 yards.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

sure you can, but murphy doesn't play that way. If I had a longbow, they would all be out 25-30 yards.
True.