Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

New to HuntingNet

Old 08-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Tox

Default New to HuntingNet

Hi all, I am new to this forum stuff, but have been an archer for 60 yrs. Anyone wanting to know about longbows ,recurves etc, give me a shout, cause Ive been there. Current favorite bow is a Palmer. Im shootingGt 3555 carbons, instinctive. Just got my 4th robinhood of my life. Thanks for listening to this old fool, and good luck to all. Tox
Old 08-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New to HuntingNet

Welcome! We can always use guys with experience dealing with trad. bows. We have some very knowledgeable guys in this forum who I have learned a lot from. I am still new to trad. bows, but I am trying to learn all I can and the members here have been very helpful.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Tox

Thanks,Brett. I am from Kansas, and have shot competition and bowhunted all these yrs, with the longbow being my favorite, but the recurve comes in a close second. Good shooting to all. Tox
Old 08-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good to have ya Tox!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome aboard! The guys in the Trad forum are top notch!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Tox

Hey BowhuntingFool , I cant see the picture too good, but looks like your using what we used to call the Apache draw, a very good method. Regards, Tox
Old 08-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome.
Its a good group here, I've learned a lot from them.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, Tox! Welcome aboard. Nice to see another greybeard around. You've got a few years experience on me, but not that many. I don't shoot any more. Non-functional shoulders. Sure do miss it though, and that's one reason I don't show up here much any more. Talking about bows makes me want to go shoot and I can't. Very frustrating.

Mentioning your Palmer bow is forcing me to tell my Palmer story... again. [8D]

I met Mike Palmer at the 1988 Texas Field Archery Assn's state championship tournament. He was shooting in the group right behind me. It was the first time I'd ever seen one of his bows. I looked at it for a minute and told him I'd never seen a Bob Lee bow made with woods like that and asked him how he got Lee to make one like it. Oh, brother! He set me straight in no uncertain terms, telling me HE was the bowyer that made it.

I have to admit I spent the rest of that day wondering if I was going to catch an arrow the hard way. [&:]

This is a nice forum, one where you can get a word in edgewise... unlike some other traditional archery forums. Enjoy!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:27 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Welcome aboard Tox--we aren't nearly as big as some boards, but that has it's advantages.

Lots of experieced members here, with Art being the resident guru. Also have some folks getting started out, and pretty much everything in-between. 'Course we have our fair share of opinions too........

Chad
Old 08-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome Tox. I'm one of the relative newbies here. this place has been a great help to me. Its great to have another "resource" available!

Quick Reply: New to HuntingNet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.