Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

In compliance with Section 1 of the Man Law

Old 04-18-2008, 03:38 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: In compliance with Section 1 of the Man Law

Thanks Chad. I am on the hunt for one.

I have heard the same thing by many OL shooters.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:53 PM

I've had about six Adcocks of different make and model, all but one by O.L. The limbs are definitely "wiggley" compared to your typical longbow. But I would not call the fragile at all and they can easily handle a 30 inch draw length...

I've had aPLX and they were very nice bow, very nice finish and shot pretty hard too. I just didn't care for the grip, at all. I would love to try one with a different grip.

Heck, get one of both,you can't take it with you when you check out!
Old 04-19-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I'm just thankful it'll be too heavy for me at my draw length when you decide to sell it.
Not too heavy for me!Sweet bow,double!!!

btw, just bought another Shafer.This one's a longbow.I'll post pic's when it gets here
Old 04-20-2008, 06:02 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

DC, how would you compare the limbs to the "new" ACX? Was the non-O.L. bow one that was made after the "tweaking"?

Can you pick any of them up by the end of a limb?

I'm the type that, if you lock me in a room with a cotton ball and an anvil, within a couple of hours I'll have broken the anvil......[:@]

Chad
Old 04-20-2008, 07:33 PM

I'm not sure Chad, I haven't tried the new ACX I don't guess, thats the first I've heard of it. The longer the limbs, the more noodley they are. But I've picked all them up by the ends and strung them with push pull..... They are not as fragile as you think, but they do take some getting used to.

I think you would have to try pretty hard to break one, but you never know! I planto hunt with this bow and treat it like I do all my other bows, rough!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice looking bow! I'm sure you'll love it!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had about six Adcocks of different make and model, all but one by O.L. The limbs are definitely "wiggley" compared to your typical longbow. But I would not call the fragile at all and they can easily handle a 30 inch draw length...
That's what I also noticed about my Morrison longbow.......the tips are really soft. different feeling than any longbow I've ever handled. It almost feels like I could just yank the string right off. If I squeeze the limb and string together it feels almost like the tips aren't even under any tension.

I do know it's super fast and smooth as heck to draw back to my 30".
Who was it that said Morrison might be using OL's limb patent? Sounds just like my bow.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:41 AM

Matt,

At one time Morrison and O.L. were working together and putting the ACS limbs on Bob's bows. They are no longer doing that but I wouldn't be surprised if Bob did a little tweaking of his own limbs!

Chad,

By ACX do you mean the ACS CX? Or is the ACX a new version that has just come out?

The bow pictured is used and is about a year old and just the standard CX.

To answer your question, I've had 4 regular ACS bows and this will be my 3rd CX. I really can't tell any difference between the ACS and the CX as for as how the limbs feel...
Old 04-21-2008, 07:53 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

ACS CX--sorry about that. Guess I need to shoot a few more. The only one I've shot was Rod Jenkins' Apogee (sp?), and it has a different feel with the big metal riser. It was fast, and Rod can shoot the lights out with it, but I didn't do so well with it. May have been because I was using Rod's arrows--at over $20 a shaft, I was nervous about dinging one.

Chad
Old 04-21-2008, 08:22 AM

Yep and I believe he only shoots about 40 lbs too? I had one that was real light like that and it did seem a little more fragile and very finicky.. theone's I've had that are 50+ in draw all seem to shoot pretty good....

I hope this one will shoot well for me, if not.... I'll be calling Matt/PA

Quick Reply: In compliance with Section 1 of the Man Law

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.