Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Pure hunting quiver(not on your bow)

Old 03-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Pure hunting quiver(not on your bow)

What do you guys like? Last season I used this little getup that let me attach any (kwikee type) quiver to my belt. It was nice, but it flopped around and didn't stay in position all the time. I'm going to still try it this turkey season and see if I can rig it up better.
I've looked at great northern & that asbell quiver, and they seem similar. anyone try one? I would like something that I can keep my arrows on my hip or spin them to be a little more behiond me. It would be nice if wearing a fanny or back pack did not affect funciton either. Maybe I am asking for too many ideals?
Old 03-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pure hunting quiver(not on your bow)

A Cat Quiver I is actually very easy to use........I can get an arrow out of it easily and silently with it on my back.
I hung it in a treestand and it also allowed me to haul the little amount of gear I needed.

I'm not spot and stalk hunting so to get me into and out of a treestand or ground blind this is about perfect. Kill 2 bird with one stone.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used a hip quiver from three rivers archery for years now. It isn't perfect, but it works better than most others quiver typesI've tried.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I've used the one Wabi has for a few years but I am happier with this one.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you even try a mounted quiver on your long bow Ryan? If so what didn't you like about it?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk is that a simmons arrow tube?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: popeandyoungchaser

Dnk is that a simmons arrow tube?
Sorry, senior's moment. It's a Dawgware side quiver.
http://3riversarchery.resultspage.co...mp;isort=score
Old 03-25-2008, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Cat Quiver III and a CQ mini-best hunting quivers I ever used
Old 03-25-2008, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had a cat quiver IV that I used for three seasons, but ended up selling a few months ago. I find myself not needing a full backpack through especially when carrying in a climber which I seem to do more of lately. I think I am either going to use an easy off Great Northern for stand hunting, or one of the Simmons type quivers like the one mentioned above. I also found a build along that used PVC and blind material. I'll see if I can find it again.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:00 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I use a regular (cheap) hip quiver, but seldom wear it the conventional way. I usually put the belt over my head and wear it like a GFA quiver, and it works very well this way. Next quiver I try will be a Simmons Rotary quiver or something similar.

I've tried all kinds of different ones, and they are like bows--a style one person loves, another will hate. For instance, Cat Quivers don't work for me at all--they don't fit my build. Uncomfortable, difficult to get an arrow out, dang near impossible to put an arrow back in while wearing it, can't sit while wearing it.....just doesn't fit me at all.

I've spent a small fortune on different quivers, but so far the $15 hip quiver works best for me.

Chad

Quick Reply: Pure hunting quiver(not on your bow)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.