Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

I,m back

Old 01-29-2008, 07:21 PM

Default I,m back

Hello fellow archers my wife and I have been involved in building our own home for over a year and a halfand I'm finally back to my quazzy normal state, though if you ask my wife normal is a relative description of my sanity. I have not given up shooting nor hunting, after-all there is only so muchI'm willing to sacrafice. It's been a rare occasion that i look ontothe site and peruse the posts, but not had the time to correspond/ post.

So after all, I have a question, hope some can give me guidance. I have never hunted pigs or javelinas, would like to but I'm from the northeast (mass). I will be in San Antonio, Texas for a work related conferance at the end of this up coming May. I would like to take advantage of the time and would likely be able spend a couple of days in the general vicinity if I could finda place to hunt. I'm not opposed to paying a nominal fee to hunt private land, but I don't want to sit over a feeder/ bait. Is it a bad time to hunt them (pigs), " I know never a bad time to hunt". Anyone havingsuggestions, guidance, references or treatment recomendations for this affliction I'm open to all ideas.

Thanks
Gapshot
Old 01-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I,m back

Can't help much with the pigs, but welcome back!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:00 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Welcome back!

Maybe Art will chime in--been trying to find a place to do a pig hunt myself. Seems that most places in TX use bait--just the way it's done there.

Chad
Old 01-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Ive hunted all over the hillcountry. Its always been on private land, but there are loads of places to hunt hogs in that area. Id suggest going to the hog hunting fourm here and post your question about places to hunt. People like Rev, aussie, or rd will probably know a good place.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:44 PM

will try the hog forum. thanks